• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Torn ACL - Would Cold Laser help?

DanielleM

Community Member
Registered
Hello! My 14 year old Pekingese has been diagnosed with a torn ACL on her back left leg. (She has had (2) subluxing patella surgeries on her back right knee about 5 years ago, so she’s having a tough time favoring the back left leg). Her BEAM could be better, since we got a puppy 2 months ago.

We had a surgical consult at Norwalk VCA and the surgeon thinks that she will heal on her own. She is on 10 mg of Galliprant every other day and for the past couple of weeks, the vet added 50 mg of gabapentin 2x/day. The Gabapentin is working great, but I think she’s trying to do too much and the vet said to try and discontinue it in a few days. ***My question is…would Cold Laser therapy help with this?*** I have a laser for home use and my vet also offers the service (theirs was more effective for my other dog). Any other holistic ideas? Thanks in advance.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Yes! Laser would be very helpful! It's not difficult to learn how to use one, but get your vet's guidance and approval. I work with a vet who specializes in these injuries, and have seen some remarkable recoveries. You should be able to minimize the use of painkillers, too.

And keep working on her BEAM! Lots of love and light massage, great food, and attention...

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Danielle!

I'm sorry about your pup's ACL. :confused:

The good news is that it will heal. Archie (my pup who is much bigger and heavier) healed his ruptured ACL in under 6 weeks with lots of extra snuffling, Happy Meals, exercise restriction and homeopathy..
would Cold Laser therapy help with this?*
Yes! Along with the energy building and balancing methods we have discussed.

Perhaps also add in light therapy like:

DanielleM

Community Member
Registered
Thanks so much, Dr. Jeff! I’ll think about Homeopathy and I’ll schedule a consult if she doesn’t get better after stopping the Gabapentin. Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Danielle!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom