• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Thorne S.A.T.

MauraF

All-Access Member
Registered
This is a supplement recommended by my holistic vet, Dr. Dongho Seo, for my 13-year-old Shih Tzu Joli. Dr. Jeff was not familiar with the product but impressed enough to ask me to post it. Primarily comprised of; Silybin Phytosome, Artichoke, and Curcumin Phytosome in order to support good liver health.

THORNE SAT LABLE.jpg

THORNE S.A.T. LABEL.jpg

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
My take is that it could work - some. What's going on? There are other liver support items I'd use first: silymarin being pretty much the main ingredient in most. Anti-aging Central makes one with many herbs, but mainly milk thistle/silymarin. My favorite is a TCM formula called Eclipta, from Seven Forests. This contains mainly Eclipta Alba, with many other herbs. And of course there is a homeopathic approach to liver issues, which would need management from your homeopath. My boy weathered a sudden onset of hepatitis a year or ago, with the help of Dr. Jeff, Dr. Christina, and my integrative/TCM vet, so get some help here if needed.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for sharing these supplements Maura and Ginny.

Although it is primarily marketed for liver support, it should also be quite supportive for pets with arthritic and skin symptoms.

Maura, since you are already using it, please let me know if you think it also helps Joli's BEAM and mobility.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom