• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

The Awe-some Aconite

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
This experience I'm about to write about just happened a few minutes ago.

I am compelled to drop what I was doing to write about it, because it was so dramatic.

Many of you already know that last July 1 Amy and I had the privilege of welcoming a new rescue dog into our family (named Archie by @robinafolson ).

Poor Archie is also the most fearful dog I've met in 34+ years of being a vet.

Anyway, his main self-soothing calming signals are restless pacing and panting.

He also clicks when he pants if he is nervous or uncomfortable (such as in the heat or if he has to pee or poop).

His anxiety manifestations like clicking have recently increased for various reasons relating to his internal balance, emotional stressors and homeopathic dosing (or lack thereof).

This afternoon and evening, has been non-stop anxious clicking and panting for poor Archie.

At 9pm (15 minutes ago) I gave him an olfaction ("sniff") dose of Aconite 200c.

He laid down within 1 minute.

If this is an example of the placebo effect, then "bring it on" for mine or any distressing symptoms.

Last edited:

jsqueglia

VIP Member
Registered
His anxiety manifestations like clicking have recently increased for various reasons relating to his internal balance, emotional stressors and homeopathic dosing (or lack thereof).

This afternoon and evening, has been non-stop anxious clicking and panting for poor Archie.

My question is.... was there a reason why you didn't dose Archie until 9 PM as opposed to earlier in the day or earlier in the week?

I know sometimes I tend to wait until I see the symptoms get really acute ...I guess as if waiting to see if some other elusive symptom finally reveals itself.

Or I get busy and have good intentions of dosing but am not reminded until it gets really acute...

Just curious.

How is Archie now? Did he require further dosing?

Jackie
ps sorry if I didn't manage to do the quote thing correctly...

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question Jackie.

Two reasons.

1. Yes, it's often wise to wait and watch.

This way you learn more about persistence of the symptom as well as whether any modality or other symptom helps clarify it and

2. This was not a new or especially Problematic (to Archie) symptom so did not warrant immediate dosing.

I actually dosed more as an experiment to see how long it would help.

Archie has not been redosed and is back to his usual hyper-reactive anxious self.

I'm contemplating a 10M Aconite for him.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Archie's response could be seen as palliation or moving towards a cure. When a remedy is given and there is good improvement that does not hold, especially with an acute flare-up, waiting, then giving a higher potency, is the best approach. If there are other improvements, as in the Early Warning Signs - e.g. if Archie had a slight eye discharge that stopped, you are probably moving towards a cure.

Then, for those who took the intermediate class, if the 10M does not hold, Dr. Jeff may use the section in the back of Kent's repertory called "relationship of remedies" to find a remedy known to help at a deeper level after there has been a good response to Aconite that does not hold.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom