• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Re-dose a remedy with increased succussions?

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Drs:

My dog Hope was dosed with Nux 30c 10/Q-Tip on Thursday (3/25) night for her frequent stomach gurgling and occasional lip smacking and regurgitation and those brought on some coughing. That night, I did not hear any gurgles and none of those symptoms mentioned above had occurred. Yay!

However, during the day the next day (3/26), I noticed that part of her stool (the end) was soft/watery and the rest was solid firm. Then in the afternoon, I heard her coughing a few times. The only change that was made that day was adding Answers fermented turkey stock (it just so happened that she finished the bone broth (not by Answers) she normally gets the day before!). By 10pm, I noticed she had smelly gas (which only happened once since January) ....So I dosed her again of Nux 30c 10/Q-Tip around 12am. No more smelly gas and still, no gurgling.

But then this morning, I noticed her stomached gurgled quite a lot after breakfast. And in the afternoon, her stool was part firm, part soft/watery.

Please note that her BEAM remained the same in those days - no change.

My question is - do I re-dose her Nux 30C but with increased succussions OR change remedy?

Thank you, @Dr. Jeff

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Years ago, when I was very excited about having discovered homeopathy, and eager to address every little thing with a remedy - you know, when you have a hammer everything looks like a nail:) - I had just made Dr. Jeff's acquaintance. As we worked my old guy's case, puzzling through a lifetime of insult, there were many times when Dr.Jeff would offer some possible solutions, and then say, "Or...we could do nothing...." I learned, over and over, that "doing nothing" is sometimes the best thing one can do: It can lead to the fullest development of the remedy's energy. It can allow the body to utilize all of that energy, blending and matching it to the internal state. It can encourage subtle change and cure, even when appearing to have no effect, or even to worsen. And through all that, we observe, and are often enlightened and given further clues.

My instinct here would be to watch and wait. Maybe not; maybe a redose might help. But, just me, I would see if she can figure this out with what she has. I'd like to think that authentic healing is in the works, and a gurgly tummy and a bit of loose stool is progress. But I'm not the doc, just a student. Ah! I hear him now: "Or...we could do nothing..." Thank you, Dr. Jeff.......

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for your posts Christine and Ginny! ?

Thanks especially Ginny for sharing your wise words about doing "nothing" and waiting.?

You bring me back to the AVH conference that was one year during Halloween. All the vet homeopath AVH members had a homeopathic remedy themed party, and we all dressed up as our favorite remedy.

My costume was a ping pong ball taped to my forehead and my clue to the remedy was that this was, IMHO, the most important of all homeopathic medicines.

The remedy was a "blank" pellet. In other words, no remedy at all.

Often, waiting and watching is the most powerful healing tool we have (as long as we are closely monitoring changes during this time).

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you both @Dr. Jeff (nice costume, btw!) and yes, especially @GinnyW for sharing your experience and thought - thank you for reminding me to be patient and to wait and observe. "Doing nothing" sometimes is the best thing we can do, yet, it's a challenge for a rather impatient person such as myself but I"m learning!

So far, Hope is doing good :) No changes.

kristen_acri

All-Access Member
Registered
Years ago, when I was very excited about having discovered homeopathy, and eager to address every little thing with a remedy - you know, when you have a hammer everything looks like a nail:) - I had just made Dr. Jeff's acquaintance. As we worked my old guy's case, puzzling through a lifetime of insult, there were many times when Dr.Jeff would offer some possible solutions, and then say, "Or...we could do nothing...." I learned, over and over, that "doing nothing" is sometimes the best thing one can do: It can lead to the fullest development of the remedy's energy. It can allow the body to utilize all of that energy, blending and matching it to the internal state. It can encourage subtle change and cure, even when appearing to have no effect, or even to worsen. And through all that, we observe, and are often enlightened and given further clues.

My instinct here would be to watch and wait. Maybe not; maybe a redose might help. But, just me, I would see if she can figure this out with what she has. I'd like to think that authentic healing is in the works, and a gurgly tummy and a bit of loose stool is progress. But I'm not the doc, just a student. Ah! I hear him now: "Or...we could do nothing..." Thank you, Dr. Jeff.......
I love your response...allow for the fullest development of the remedy's energy.

Thank you @GinnyW !

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello! So I have waited :) and today, her old symptoms (e.g., stomach gurgling, coughing/gagging) returned. Does this call for a re-dose of the same remedy with same potency?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
How is Hope today?

Did you dose?

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
She’s not eating. Stomach gurgles lots. No, I did not.
should I dose now? If yes same succussion? @Dr. Jeff

Last edited:

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
We just came back from a short walk - she ate grass again. Before we headed out, I rubbed AnimalEO GI GOE on her belly. When we got home, she went up to her bowl. I gave her hard boiled egg yolk which I prepared for her this morning. She ate it then had a table spoon of Answers goat milk.

Looking through my journal, CoQMax (she finished a bottle of Moxxor) was given to her for the first time yesterday. Not sure if that's the trigger.

My question is - would re-dosing be like "adding wood to fire" to keep the fire going (I think I had read this analogy somewhere) for Hope or I should continue to NOT do anything and wait and see?

The hardest part of understanding homeopathy for me is learning when to dose and/or re-dose... :confused: ugh!

Advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated :)

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
This sounds like a positive response. I doubt the vitamins have anything to do with it; it's not usual to have a lightning response to a nutriceutical. So, being that you're seeing good change, I would not dose yet - let it play out. Again, not the doc here, but no harm can come from waiting a bit, I'd think. Keep us posted, please.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
@GinnyW Thank you so much again for being there always to help! May I trouble you to explain why you think it's a positive response for my learning purpose? Since the good change was "transient" (I hope I'm saying it right), what can I do homeopathically to help her body to reach a more consistent improvement (or should I say "improvement" that last longer?)?

Anyhow, I'm very happy to report that she bounced back tonight - appetite back to normal.

Thank you again!!!

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Well - she ate! This is a proactive, positive response from her Life Force, saying she wants to participate:) You are doing just what you should to nudge along her progress. It is pretty easy to get bogged down in one or another symptom - we always need to step back and look at the overall results, even if it's minute-by-minute changes we're seeing. You're doing fine:) Keep reporting!

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks, @GinnyW ... ah.."she ate!" :) Why didn't I focus on that? I tend to be too symptoms-focused :( Lesson learned! She's doing well today :)

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom