• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

How to Help Post Operation Recovery for a Dog

AdamE

Registered
We are now going on 3 weeks since my dog's bladder tumor was removed. His energy is still low, limping, have some odd night time heavy breathing and needing to go out episodes, pink belly that he keeps licking, and today he peed inside grocery store. Does this seem like normal recovery?

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
It is very important to quantify every symptom so you can track changes over time.
On a scale of 1-10, what was the energy prior to surgery? What was it the day after, etc. What is it now?
Some dogs are 100% 2 days after any anesthetic episode. Others take longer.

I would say he is not responding very well, especially with the new symptom of urinating in the store. This is why you strongly need ONE veterinarian to be your primary care person, and of course I think a veterinary homeopath would be the best. None of us at HA! can be carefully tracking all of the symptoms, and the changes. We are here to empower you to make choices, answer your questions, give you lots of reliable (though sometimes contradictory) information. You and your dog need a primary healer to be carefully tracking all the symptoms. Please read the article we have mentioned before on finding and working with a holistic practitioner.

You will, of course, have other healers on your team as you learn more from us and others - like ozone, etc.

Another possibility is that some of the low energy is from all the supplements you are giving him.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
today he peed inside grocery store. Does this seem like normal recovery?
Great question Adam!

Had Chase ever done this (urinated inside) before? Was he limping at all before surgery?

Have you asked the surgeon if this is expected recovery time based on the exact nature of the surgery?

I agree 100% with Dr. Christina that ideally you'd be working weekly with a vet to help support Chase's recovery. And that giving a large number of physiologically (vs. energetically) active supplements may be taxing his system.

IMHO, I'd like to see his BEAM back to where it was before surgery.

As we have discussed, I'd be happy to start helping via a 30 min. recheck appointment.

Recommendations are based on his current condition which is different than it was when we spoke 3 weeks ago.

Having a hands on holistic vet in your area would be great and I see that my wonderful colleague Marybeth Minter is on this list:

AdamE

Registered
I got a urinalysis, full panel blood, and ultrasound. He has no blood, no infection, PERFECT blood showing all organs healthy, and no regrowth. He continues to have thick bladder wall. I meet with Dr. Minter for acupuncture next week. Thank you

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW Adam!

I'm so glad that you connected with Dr. Minter. She's wonderful!!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom