• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Pooping Machine (kitten pooping a lot)!!

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
I recently adopted a little stray kitten found on the doorsteps of the vet clinic where I volunteer. She is barely 2 months old and very tiny, but she is a major pooping machine! I had discussed her with Dr Christina last week and she gave me some good information as well as suggesting a dose of Phos 200C. I gave her the Phos 200C and her poop has taken a bit of form, but anytime the poor little thing moves, liquid poo comes out in big drops (sorry for the graphic details) Last Friday I had her tested for feline leukemia and fortunately she tested negative. Her immune system is severely compromised and needs to be rebuilt. I think she got separated from her mom by misfortune and never received the opportunity to acquire natural immunity from her mom. The vet has prescribed Nutribound (a nutrition supplement from Verbac) as well as Forti-Flori, a probiotic. I have read some negative information regarding the efficacy of Forti Flori, so I am not sure if this product will work for her. Other than major pooping (and still a haven for parasites in her little gut) she has a tremendous appetite, and is lively and loves playing. I am not really sure what more I can do for her. I do have some slippery elm on order but that is not due to arrive before June 15th.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Definitely would go with probiotics, and also possibly bentonite clay. There are animal preparations of this. I have used it in the past for a general detox and firming agent. The slippery elm should work, too. I think I'd try to feed puréed liver or heart, for the nutrition, or other meat juice. You're on the right track, bless you!

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
There are many different probiotics. I like Mitomax and have seen many others do well, too.
Local raw goats milk has a lot of probiotics!
Did you try the local manzanilla tea?
No idea where you live in the yucatan - this herbalist seems amazing - Maya Herbalists - Yucatan Today.
And did we talk about using aloe?
Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Bonnie-

How's her BEAM?

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Definitely would go with probiotics, and also possibly bentonite clay. There are animal preparations of this. I have used it in the past for a general detox and firming agent. The slippery elm should work, too. I think I'd try to feed puréed liver or heart, for the nutrition, or other meat juice. You're on the right track, bless you!
Thank you Ginny, I will see if I can find the bentonite clay here.

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
There are many different probiotics. I like Mitomax and have seen many others do well, too.
No idea where you live in the yucatan - this herbalist seems amazing - Maya Herbalists - Yucatan Today.
Dr. Christina
Thank you Dr. C. I used to be able to find raw goat's milk in the specialty store here, but since supply chains have been seriously disrupted over the last year, I can no longer find it. I think you had mentioned the Mitomax before and I will look for that here. Haven't tried the manzanilla tea, but I will. I can buy organic here. Yes, we did talk about aloe and I have lots growing in the yard. The local magazine Yucatan Today did publish an article about Mayan Herbalists and I will read through it to find out where I can find an herbalist here in Merida where I live.

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Hi Bonnie-

How's her BEAM?
Hi Dr Jeff, the little kitty's beam, overall is good. She is friendly, curious, playful and really active. At 4:00 am I can hear her chasing her little plastic ball around that has a bell inside. She eats like a horse. So, in a nutshell, Behaviour: good,
Energy: lots of it
Appetite: excellent
Mood: happy and very curious and very snugglely

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
She sounds great!

Any change, in any symptom, since the Phos?

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Dr. Christina
@Dr. Christina or anyone else.... I have heard Mitomax used many times and would like to try it with Gabby and her Gut issues. She did not do well on Answers goat milk or colostrum when I tried them. She is on animal biome and we are running low so wanted to give the Mitomax a try. Where can I order it from. I do not want to order from Amazon as I have heard unsavory things about supplements there. So is there another source that people get it from? Thanks!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
She sounds great!

Any change, in any symptom, since the Phos?
In terms of poop, it is sometimes somewhat formed, but mostly very runny and lots of it! I am wondering if I should give another dose or look at something else instead. It was Phos 200C I gave her.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
When did you dose Bonnie?

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
I might another "problem" here. She simply does not have the concept of using a litter box. Her preferred place is under the bed in the room where she is currently living. I have tried on several occasions to put her in the box when I see the poop coming out, but she has not equated pooping a litter box use as yet. On the delightful topic of poop, while it is still very soft, it does have more form now. The smell though knocks your socks off!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom