• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Panacur and cancer

tsharlo1

VIP Member
Registered
My functional medicine doctor was talking to me about using Panacur for cancer in people. There have been many success stories about it and it was discussed at a medical conference she recently attended. Has anyone used it for cancer with pets? What are your thoughts?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
There is indeed a fascinating molecular association between fenbendazole (Panacur/Safeguard) and cancer. Thanks for sharing Debbie and Ginny. ?

In brief, the cellular processes that create something called "microtubules" is disrupted by Panacur.

This makes cancer cells more like to die.

In the past there has been lots of buzz on the internet about this but I have not seen any documented work in pets.

Thanks for pointing me to the Facebook Group Ginny. I will take a look there.

In the meantime, here's some scientific stuff about the specific mechanisms:

This is another great example of why this kind of translational science is such an important part of your Holistic Medical Decision Making.hmdm page 2.png

Ginny

VIP Member
Registered
You're welcome, Dr. Jeff. I just requested to join the pet FB group, myself. I had two dogs die from cancer between 2012 and 2017. One was a senior rescue. Always looking for additional info. I personally know two humans who recently started Joe Tippens' "FenBen/Panacur" protocol. Too early to know just yet. I understand that a respected research group has offered their professional services to document/track/compile the case stats, results, etc. (this is for those following the FenBen protocol and who initiate contact/reach out to the research group via Tippens' page... the research group will not try to enlist participation.)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great Ginny!

Please let us know what you think after you get a chance to read some of the FenBen posts.

KellyB

VIP Member
Registered
One of the holistic vets I’ve had the privilege to work with, Dr. Karen Gellman from Ithaca, recommended to do a double dose of Panacur (my dog weighs about 12.5 lb and I used 3 g - one 1 g and one 2 g of the granules). Do it for 3 days 1x a day, then repeat in 2 weeks. Dr. Gellman says it helps to “reset homeostasis “. I’ve done it with my cat as well.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow, thanks Kelly.

I'd love to learn from Dr. Gellman how disrupting microtubule formation (which is the molecular action of Panacur) helps reset homeostasis.

If she'd be willing to share some clinical experiences with you that would be awe-some! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

KellyB

VIP Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff,

She said she didn’t really know why it resets the homeostasis. She did send some links to articles about using fenbendazole in human cancer cases that I’ll paste below:

tsharlo1

VIP Member
Registered
Thanks Ginny, Dr. Jeff and Kelly for the Information!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom