• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Nutrition Response Testing

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
In addition to this great article about a similar technique used by master homeopath David Little, here's some more info. about it from Dr. Martha:

"Our body organs are constantly handling the normal stressors in their environments. As time goes on, we may begin to see symptoms of stress in some of these organs such as limping, gastrointestinal upsets (such as vomiting or diarrhea), heart murmurs, urination problems, behavior problems, skin rashes, etc. Then we go to conventional doctors and medications are prescribed to help us be more comfortable. Often, if those medications are discontinued, the symptoms return. This occurs because an underlying imbalance in the body is still there.

Good nutrition is fundamentally important for normal body organ function. If the nutrition is not adequate or if the body has allergies to parts of the diet, then the necessary building blocks for maintenance and healing need to be added into the diet in the form of nutritional supplements. Most of us these days have heard of the importance of particular vitamins and minerals, proteins and fatty acids. Each person requires varying amounts of vitamins and minerals based on age, inherited genetics, metabolic rate, exercise demands, stress, physical ailments and environmental factors.

Nutrition Response Testing assesses neurological reflexes of the body; first to determine which areas are stressed and then to determine what specific nutritional products are needed to improve the health of those areas. The reflexes are found by applying pressure to one of the strong peripheral muscles (such as the triceps muscle of the arm) along with pressure to acupressure points which correspond to body organs. When a body organ is under stress, its corresponding acupressure point, when pressed upon, gives a weakened muscle response."

My observation is that this or any method based on muscle testing can be a useful source of information.

However, results can vary tremendously based on the individual practitioner.

This is one reason why the best treatment decisions are often based on multiple sources interpreted within the context of BEAM.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I've found some interesting basic science research about the validity of AK (Applied Kinesiology).

AK is the basis for the technique that Dr. Martha will be discussing (or did discuss depending on when you read this) about Nutrition Response Testing.

It's also a great way to further inform your decision about how to help your pets.

Click/tap here for a lovely vet article which contains some of these references.

E

eileenthoma

I have personally used Applied Kinesiology for my own health. Applied kinesiology has helped in determining which of the many supplements could help adrenal insufficiency, as otherwise the choice was rather hit or miss for me.

I am looking forward to reading this article and how it relates to our companion animals.
Thanks for the valuable information on this site, Dr. Jeff.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom