• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

My dog’s poop problem

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi again Susan.

If you have any specific questions about what to do in the next few days, just let us know in this thread.

SusanI

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you! The soft mucusy poop continues, “sigh.” It was almost perfect last week. His poop was a lot firmer on Answers but at the same time I thought the fermentation was causing other issues (ears, itchiness) I changed his food to Small Batch and then to Primal after Answers was no longer available. (An ingredient in Small Batch was causing reflux which immediately went away when I stopped it)

I’ve done slippery elm and pumpkin and it helped last week. I think we had a wee bit of dietary indiscretion immediately prior to when this started again, sigh,

Thinking of either podophyllum or arsenicum allum. Both seem to be very close to what he’s exhibiting, restlessness, urge to go, thirst, brought on by heat, trying to find comfortable position, raises head when resting when it’s possible, no decrease in appetite at all (but what goes in comes out- though not right away) I’m keeping a log.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Mucousy poop?

Covered with mucus? Strands of mucus? Spots of mucus...

Clear, yellow, green, odor, etc...

When it comes to deciding which remedy to give, the details are key.

SusanI

All-Access Member
Registered
The mucus is mixed in with the poop. Gelatinous. Gooey. Same color (light brown when there’s mucus) otherwise his poop is medium to dark brown. Smells pretty bad but not unbearably bad. He squats until every last drop is out. I sure miss the easy to pick up poop and I’m pretty sure he does too.

And yet he tried to eat another empty peanut shell outside...

At least he seems to have lost interest in asphalt.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom