• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Mixed changes in BEAM - stop dosing?

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Hello Dr. Fienman, per my pup's previous homeopath vet's instructions (and your "okay") I was to dose my pup Sulf Q1 every other day for three days during transition of switching his homeopathic treatment under the care by her to you. So, I dosed my pup around 6pm on 7/20. Through HA!, I learned about BEAM and have observed and taken notes based on his BEAM since then.

By 4am of 7/22, I've concluded that there has been some mixed changes in his BEAM and now I'm not sure if I should dose him again on 7/22 at 6pm? In your email, you said not to dose if I see any worsening but I see a mixed of improvements, no change, and worsening (if the symptoms described below should be considered "worsen?") in different components in BEAM. Not sure if I need to determine each component individually or look at them in totality??

Anyhow, his Behavior changed after the dose - on 7/21, he's friendly to other dogs (usually he's not) and seemed calmer than usual. Energy - about the same. Appetite - good on 7/20 after the dose, and on 7/21, it was good in the morning but poor at night [we went to his vet's office for blood work (he now has high kidney values due to increased diuretics prescribed by the cardiologist) and x-ray in the afternoon and we had guests over for dinner so these events broke his usual daily routine. Not sure if that maters?] Mood - the same on 7/20 but on 7/21, seemed a bit off and in fact, he got up around 3am and was a bit restless (it took him a while to find a good spot/bed (he has several beds) to sleep in) and was up coughing while walking around in the house...seemed uncomfortable. Around 6am, he defecated in the house - very smelly and dark slimy thin poo with some blood and mucus drops...then again around 7am, a few drops of bloody watery stool. Please note that there's no change in his food/diet/treats prior to this.

Also, prior to the dose, he had very watery eye discharge but it went away after the dose. With these mixed changes, should I dose him again? (The next dose should be around 6am on 7/22). Thank you for your help.

oh, may I add...my pup has always had very sensitive stomach and when he was a puppy, he had terrible diarrhea (with blood and mucus) and was brought to the vet many times for this issue. He was even checked for liver shunt due to this problem.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fantastic question about what to do in a situation where you're not quite sure how to interpret the response, or what to do!

This is even more important because it takes the mixed BEAM question and adds in the unknown factor of possible progression of the underlying heart (or any other) dis-ease.

The answer is that the best action is to wait ("paws") on further dosing.?

Wait for clear signals from the body.

Perhaps get an exam from your local vet to make sure that there's nothing going on internally that you can't see.

If there aren't any internal changes or further clarity, wait longer!

Waiting is among the hardest part of the homeopathic process.

It is also one of the most important parts!

It is especially important when treating a pet with tissue pathology and chronic dis-ease.

The only exception would be in the case of an acute challenge which needs to be treated quickly.

Does this make sense?

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Thanks, Dr. Jeff. Yes, it makes sense. Nothing is wrong internally .. my pup was just checked by his holistic vet the same day. His lungs are cleared now, but his kidney values (SDMA) have increased (I emailed his test results). No diet changes...etc. so the symptoms shown were quite unexpected. Ok, I will "paws" :) and see.

By the way, it's 3pm PST and he's doing wonderfully - his appetite was good, energy is back! I'll keep observing his BEAM and record them.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
My dog's BEAM has been well for the past two days. Cardiologist also gave us the okay to reduce his Furosemide to 2x a day (from 3x a day) after she reviewed his blood panel and radiographs. Should I dose him again of Sulf Q1 or wait further?

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Excellent example of the value of waiting when you are not sure what is happening - "By the way, it's 3pm PST and he's doing wonderfully - his appetite was good, energy is back! I'll keep observing his BEAM and record them." As the body is responding to an energetic treatment, there will be some ups and downs, so the careful observations you are making are critical.

Learning to be patient is more than merely waiting. It is allowing the energy field and the body to work together and go through their process. It is active observation with positive intention.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom