• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Lepto Vaccine

MirandaW

Pet Professional
Registered
Hello All! I have Willy who is a 2 year old BC/Cattle dog mix. He's been quite healthy, he came from Texas so was pediatric neutered and vaccinated for everthing at that time, at around 4 months. Since then I have not vaccinate him, and I titred for the base vx and rabies.

I am relieved to hear that I don't need to title him more unless needed for travel, but I am curious about the vaccines, especially Lepto or Lyme that you can't titre for. It you are in an endemic area is it worth getting those, and if not waht are some holistic strategies to kep her safe.

Thanks, Miranda

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Miranda!

It's wonderful to see you here!!
I am curious about the vaccines, especially Lepto or Lyme that you can't titre for. It you are in an endemic area is it worth getting those,
That depends... Getting the vaccine does not guarantee being protected from lepto or Lyme. But it does guarantee injection of foreign materials into the body that can cause extreme harm.
and if not waht are some holistic strategies to kep her safe.
Wow! Thanks for asking this great question Miranda.

It raises the fundamental question of what's more important, the germ or the inner "terrain" (hint, usually the latter).

To keep Willy in tip T.O.P shape to minimize chance of infection, you may therefore want to optimize use of his Terrain Optimizing Protocol:

MirandaW

Pet Professional
Registered
Hey Miranda!

It's wonderful to see you here!!

That depends... Getting the vaccine does not guarantee being protected from lepto or Lyme. But it does guarantee injection of foreign materials into the body that can cause extreme harm.

Wow! Thanks for asking this great question Miranda.

It raises the fundamental question of what's more important, the germ or the inner "terrain" (hint, usually the latter).

To keep Willy in tip T.O.P shape to minimize chance of infection, you may therefore want to optimize use of his Terrain Optimizing Protocol:

Hi Jeff! Yes I finally made it in. That totally answers my question. I have never vaccinated for either so I won't start now. I loved that article on mainaining and optimal state of wellness, which is totally what I am doing :) He has all of those things in spades! I know he was vaccinated a ton right before he came to me at around 4 months- DHPP, Rabies, Lepto, Lyme and Bordatella. Is there a specific detoxification protocol I could follow, or do you think he is good?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
do you think he is good?
Great question Miranda!

He's good (and Willy says he's fine!).

Physiologically active detox products (like foods and supplements) are typically not needed after vaccination (based on individual susceptibility and symptom changes that you might observe after vaccination).

However, IMHO early age (and any) vaccination can be an issue and act as an obstruction to smooth energy flow (an "energetic entanglement").

Therefore, energetic treatment with a trained vet homeopath or TCVM practitioner can be helpful (even before there are any health challenges).

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Lepto and Lyme are not great vaccines, meaning they are not super effective, and are known for increased adverse effects. These are both lifestyle diseases, so if your dog will not be tramping through the woods or swimming in ponds where cattle and wildlife hang out, getting either disease is unlikely. OTOH if your dog goes hiking a lot, or will be used for duck or deer hunting etc., then there may be some value in vaccines. OTOOH (other other hand?) Both diseases are bacterial and can be treated; just watch carefully for signs and take action right away if you have any doubts.

MirandaW

Pet Professional
Registered
Great question Miranda!

He's good (and Willy says he's fine!).

Physiologically active detox products (like foods and supplements) are typically not needed after vaccination (based on individual susceptibility and symptom changes that you might observe after vaccination).

However, IMHO early age (and any) vaccination can be an issue and act as an obstruction to smooth energy flow (an "energetic entanglement").

Therefore, energetic treatment with a trained vet homeopath or TCVM practitioner can be helpful (even before there are any health challenges).
That's really interest what you said about energy entanglement with vaccines. I'd hear about homeopathic protocols post vaccines. I'm sure Julie could hook me up :)

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom