• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

I lost my best friend today....

E

ECaron85

Hi all,
I just wanted to let you know that Gidget did a complete 180 in the last 3 days. She woke up on Monday and was very reluctant to eat but managed to eat all her meals. I took her for some acupuncture and she felt amazing afterwards. Then Tuesday she had to be woken up in the morning and had no interest in food nor did she have the energy to walk outside to pee. I took her to Pieper Hospital and they checked her cortisol levels, electrolytes, and kidney levels everything looked great so the Dr. was thinking it was her heart. She sent me home with Lasix and gave her a shot of Cerenia. When she got home she drank a ton but ate very little. Later that night she was very uncomfortable and restless. I brought her upstairs to bed and just prayed that she would get her BEAM back by morning. Wednesday morning came and she still didn’t want to eat and she was sooo weak. I knew it was time as I didn’t want her to suffer. I called Lap of Love to come to the home and put my sweet baby girl to rest. It was the hardest thing in the world to do but she was ready and I couldn’t let her go on when she had lost her spark. I have to say Lap of Love was amazing and she went over the rainbow bridge in the most calm and peaceful way with her momma holding her til the very last breath. The Dr. at Pieper believes Gidget’s tumor on her adrenal gland was cancerous and had spread. Whatever the reason even though blood tests were saying she looked good her BEAM told me otherwise. I think as pet parents, only we know when they are truly ready. I want to thank everyone here for their support and advice. God bless you all!

MauraF

VIP Member
Registered
Please accept my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your beautiful, beloved Gidget. Enfolding you in a big, metaphysical bear hug.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about Gidget Emily!

Though I am happy that she was so well until only 3 days ago.

Please reach out to any of us if we can help in any way.

lizkunz

VIP Member
Registered
Dear Emily, My heart goes out to you. Your bond with your beloved Gidget will ensure that she will always be with you in spirit. Liz

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom