• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Grape(s) - what to do next?

ivegrgas

VIP Member
Registered
Hello -

My dog Xia, 8.5 lbs Chi mix, who is generally in good health, and is on a raw food diet, ate a single grape this afternoon.

I have seen many posts recommending inducing vomiting right away but given that Xia's BEAM is good I would rather not go that route.

I read a different thread about Lola eating some grapes and she was dosed with Ars Alba. Since Ars Alba happens to be Xia's constitutional remedy, I have given her a dose 5/1. I am currently keeping an eye on her but I am eager to know what others might think.

Thanks
Ive

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
One grape should not cause a problem. dogs and cats ate grapes for centuries and still only a few have had illness or death from them.

While I now suggest not feeding them, you are very right to know that Lola has good health and is unlikely to have a problem. Just keep an eye on her - but without fear!

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, thanks so much for the rapid reply Dr. Christina!

Fantastic work Ive with giving the Ars! :thumbsup:

I'll be curious to see if Xia makes any progress with her chronic symptoms, which is a common "side-effect" of treatments for emergencies.

The reason she might, according to the VBS hypothesis, is that this occurs because the stressor of the grape allowed Xia's chronic symptoms to show more clearly.

I concur that Xia. like Lola should be fine.

However, there is a minute risk, as Dr. Christina implied by the change of her current recommendation from her previous one, that grapes were fine as part of fresh and varied diet.

In specific pets, grapes and raisin can trigger kidney failure.

However, is >99.9% certain that they don't cause this pharmacologically like a poisoning would. Most dogs and cats, Like Lola, can eat grapes with reckless abandon.

Energetically though, certain pets are super susceptible (likely) to develop problems.

I believe that molecular biologists have recently found a partial answer to this susceptibility question. It is physically answered thorough the description of the exposome.

The exposome is everything about cells and the individual. Starting with the genome, transcription products (proteins), pattern recognition ("toll") receptors, immune function, etc.

The scientific definition of the exposotype is a brilliant start, but until we move beyond the flat earth medical model, it will remain a "mystery" why grapes are toxic to some and not others.

A current corrolary of this was Dr. Anthony Fauci saying that it was the "biggest nedical mystery of his life" and confused doctors and scientists why some people get severe symptoms from SARS but others did not.

This is an example of why it's helpful to understand the basis for grape toxicity,

Anyway, sorry for all the details, but I hope they help you understand Xia a little better.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi again Ive. Here are some other thoughts regarding why certain foods, or other triggers like the SARS virus, trigger symptoms in some individuals and not in others.

Grape and raisin toxicity is unique among potentially problematic foods because they don't appear to contain any toxic components. That's why most pets can eat many bunches of grapes without developing problems.

However, enormous amounts of garlic and onions are problematic for more pets than grapes and raisins because they contain potentially toxic nutrients, however susceptibility is still an important factor.

The likelihood, or susceptibility, of a food, allergen, or anything in the environment triggering a problem is inversely related to internal equilibrium or balance.

Here is a recent scientific article about how balance and susceptibility are the keys to why one person develops severe symptoms while another does not:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom