• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Feline Acne

RobinO

All-Access Member
Registered
My 4-yr old cat, Freya had feline acne a few months ago. I thought I got her all cleaned up and healthy, but a few weeks ago it came back with a vengeance.

I would like to understand what I should use to keep her face clean. I've read about a few different things, but am not having much success with what I've tried: Witch Hazel or just warm compresses followed by a very thin layer of Dr Harvey's (calendula based) cream. It's actually gotten worse so I'm just doing warm compress.

The two culprits that may be causing this are 1: a plant (just made it so she can't go near it) or 2: Sardines. (wild caught in water). I wonder if it's sardines because I've been adding it to the raw food I make. I just made a new batch of raw without the sardines yesterday and for the past two days I've kept her away from that food and given her a freeze dried raw cat food chicken protein.

She is very itchy. I do see her scratching at her chin a lot. I'm not sure but it might be more in the morning. She usually has mild "eye boogies" but they have gotten a bit bigger and pronounced and are reddish looking (she is a mostly white cat). I gave her a few doses of Antimonium. No effect. She got worse (the acne spread) after that but I'm assuming it had nothing to do with the homeopathy.

Thank you for your suggestions !
Robin

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for posting Robin.

How's Freya's BEAM and other symptoms?

Would you give us other context such as what else has been going on with her currently, or in the past?

In general, yes, you are better off with just the warm compresses 3x a day vs. a salve like Dr. Harvey's.

Also, conventionally, benzoyl peroxide is often used to help unclog the chin pores and help kitties with acne.

Do you have any of the Path-Away (it's in the green bottle)?

Has she been eating sardines (or other fish) for awhile, or is this a new food for her?

What led you to Antimonium (and which one did you use)?

Would you post some pictures for us?

Thanks!

Dr. Jeff

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Remember, Robin, that having skin problems (rather than more dangerous symptoms) indicates a healthy vital force that has been triggered by something. It is always a challenge to know what the trigger is, but that is not important. Freya is telling you, in a safe way, that her internal balance is off.

Definitely important to give a homeopathic medicine to rebalance, not one merely focused on the acne. I do echo Dr. Jeff - what symptoms had you choose Antimonium (and I bet you used crudum, right?)?

Please do post a complete symptom list.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom