• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dog ear plugs

PennyS

Community Member
Registered
Has anyone used ear plugs for dogs when swimming? Or other means to keep ears dry?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question Penny!

The short answer is no. I do not know of any patients who have used earplugs.

The longer answer is that water in the ear is not the "cause" of the problem. It certainly is correlated with it (time wise) but it's primarily because of the moisture in the ear creates a great environment for yeast and bacteria to grow.

The cause is the moist ear environment combined with an underlying energetic imbalance.

In many cases, just drying the ears with a tissue or gauze along with internal homeopathic treatment, resolves all ear problems. Or use:

I'll never forget Comet who came in principally because she had recurrent ear "infections". Tho multiple vets helped her ears, they would always worsen again whenever she swam.

Des (Comet's mom) was told that Comet had to stop swimming in order for the ears to do better.

Strictly with wiping her ears and homeopathy, Comet swam (which she loved) and had a great life for 16+ years.

Thank you Penny for helping me remember Comet.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom