• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Detox and "Healing Crisis" During Transition to Answers Pet Food

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Hi. I mentioned this in Chat during today's webinar ... my dog Hope started to get extra itchy and has a bit of runny nose and eye goo since she's been on Answers diet. I reached out to them and this is their response, FYI :)

"Yes, it is perfectly normal for your dog to be itching during the transition period. When switching to fermented raw food the body can go through a detox stage, where it purges toxins. This can manifest in numerous symptoms, including rashes and itching.

We are attaching our transition guide for your reference. It should be able to answer any questions you have about the detoxing process."

Attachments

• TRANSITION.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 5

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for sharing this Christine.

Detox is one way that the body attempts to regain balance.

Raw foods like Answers provide more energy (fuel) that helps Hope's cellular reactions work more effectively.

Dr. Sue

Certified Veterinary Food Therapist
VIP Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
Hi Christine,

Detox and healing crisis are what my webinar will focus on next week as part of CSI investigation. There are gentle ways to aid detox (called drainage) through supplements and slowing down transitions to new foods in sensitive pets. Itch is always an indication that more drainage is needed to help the toxins gently leave the body and alleviate symptoms of healing crisis.

Warmly,
Dr. Sue

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Thanks @Dr. Sue I can't wait for this upcoming CSI webinar! :)
As of today, Hope's less itchy and her skin is not as flaky as before. :)

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom