• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Consistently throwing up bile

LisaP

VIP Member
Registered
Hi, this is about Naya again, poor girl. She can't seem to catch a break. She has been waking me up in the middle of the night consistently for months to go outside and throw up. We feed our pups around 4:30 in the morning, they only eat once a day. By the time Naya wakes me up, around midnight/1am, what she is throwing up is just bile. We've been keeping an eye on her and she hasn't been eating anything outside or anything strange (no corn cobs, haha). Initially, this would happen just once or twice a week, now its almost every night. I have given her Answers Fermented Goat milk, it didn't seem to help. She gets probiotics added to her food a couple times a week plus I give her kefir every morning with her breakfast. She is still dealing with itchy skin, she received a cytopoint shot about 5 weeks ago and she was on a round of cephalexin, we needed to give her some relief because her entire belly was blotchy and she was constantly chewing at herself. Her vet recommended that we try Essential 6 by dermoscent, which we haven't tried yet. She also suggested that we try Canine Skin Solutions, shampoo and spray, which I have ordered.

So this is where we've been for the past two months. I would love to find some relief for this pup without chemicals. She's so full of life and energy, I hate to see her so uncomfortable. I should mention, her BEAM is normal, no issues there.

Thank you again for your constant support and help with this.
Lisa

Dr. Sara

VIP Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
Dear Lisa,
Many dogs will vomit when their stomach is empty. It is not normal, but it is common; there is even a conventional name for it, idiopathic bilious vomiting. The simplest way to prevent it is to give more frequent small meals, and to be sure to give a snack at bedtime. This symptom resolves completely, or becomes much less frequent, in dogs who receive appropriate constitutional homeopathic treatment.
As Naya seems normal otherwise, and she is only fed once a day, the first thing I would try is more frequent feeding or a before bed snack.

Last edited:

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Also, because of the skin and your need to give her relief with drugs, I would suggest you begin now to work with a veterinary homeopath to get constitutional treatment.

Dr. Christina

LisaP

VIP Member
Registered
Dear Lisa,
Many dogs will vomit when their stomach is empty. It is not normal, but it is common; there is even a conventional name for it, idiopathic bilious vomiting. The simplest way to prevent it is to give more frequent small meals, and to be sure to give a snack at bedtime. This symptom resolves completely, or becomes much less frequent, in dogs who receive appropriate constitutional homeopathic treatment.
As Naya seems normal otherwise, and she is only fed once a day, the first thing I would try is more frequent feeding or a before bed snack.
Thank you so much Dr Sara. We’ll start by giving her a bedtime snack this evening.

LisaP

VIP Member
Registered
Also, because of the skin and your need to give her relief with drugs, I would suggest you begin now to work with a veterinary homeopath to get constitutional treatment.

Dr. Christina
Thank you Dr Christina. I would love to work with a veterinary homeopath, but I can’t seem to find any near me. We would even be willing to travel if there was one within driving distance.

beccak

VIP Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Hi Lisa,
I'm sorry to hear Naya is having problems. I know this is equally hard on you, you do a great job with your dogs!

I encourage you to think about working with Dr Feinman. I have worked with him with MANY dogs and cats, all from a distance. I know the idea is strange from your viewpoint to work from a distance, but remember, this is how Dr Feinman (and many Veterinarian Homeopaths) work. He is an amazing listener, will get the needed information from you and will ask for pictures or video if he needs them. That is all part of his job, and he is very good at it.

If you have questions feel free to reach out :)
Becca

LisaP

VIP Member
Registered
Hi Lisa,
I'm sorry to hear Naya is having problems. I know this is equally hard on you, you do a great job with your dogs!

I encourage you to think about working with Dr Feinman. I have worked with him with MANY dogs and cats, all from a distance. I know the idea is strange from your viewpoint to work from a distance, but remember, this is how Dr Feinman (and many Veterinarian Homeopaths) work. He is an amazing listener, will get the needed information from you and will ask for pictures or video if he needs them. That is all part of his job, and he is very good at it.

If you have questions feel free to reach out :)
Becca
Thank you Becca. I'll be scheduling an appoinment with Dr Feinman!

LisaP

VIP Member
Registered
Hi,

I just wanted to share an update on Naya. We have been giving her an evening snack which had been working great until last night. She woke me up around 12:30am to go outside and she started throwing up bile again. She didn't want to eat her breakfast, I even gave her a few options and she walked away from all of them. She continued to throw up until around noon. Now she is just extremely lethargic and wants to stay outside, in the cold, which she never does. I am fasting her today and I guess I will try a little rice tomorrow?
Dr. Feinman, I'm going to be completing the information to send to you so we can hopefully get an appointment scheduled soon.

Lisa

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom