• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cat with HCM

PaulF

VIP Member
Registered
Please advise on the best homeopathic remedies for my cat with a heart condition ca

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Paul!

Homeopathic remedies need to be individualized based on the totality of symptoms from your kitty's entire life.

An initial evaluation to do this often takes 2-3 hours for a complex case (like a cat with heart dis-ease).

If however you mean a holistic supplement, take a look at Formula CV (CV=cardiovascular):

PaulF

VIP Member
Registered
Hi Paul!

Homeopathic remedies need to be individualized based on the totality of symptoms from your kitty's entire life.

An initial evaluation to do this often takes 2-3 hours for a complex case (like a cat with heart dis-ease).

If however you mean a holistic supplement, take a look at Formula CV (CV=cardiovascular):

PaulF

VIP Member
Registered
Hi Paul!

Hi Paul!

Hi Dr. Jeff thank you so much. I have questions about the above product. How effective is this product both experienced based and evidence based?? Is it safe to use with Atenolol (Beta Blocker) and Omega 3. As you know being a veterinarian you need to be cautious about drug interactions and using to many remedies both natural and pharmaceutical. Thank you so much for all your quick responses.

Paul Fitzpatrick

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
It's safe and effective.

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
  • Medications for high blood pressure (Beta-blockers) interacts with HAWTHORN​

Hawthorn might decrease blood pressure. Taking hawthorn along with medication for high blood pressure might cause your blood pressure to go too low.

Some medications for high blood pressure include atenolol (Tenormin), metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL), nadolol (Corgard), propranolol (Inderal), and others.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks @Dr. Jean!

Have you ever seen low blood pressure in cats or dogs using heat meds + supplements?

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
When I was in practice, many ages ago, I didn't have occasion try it. I always referred these kitties to my wonderful veterinary cardiologist for management. I would never have added herbs, which are powerful, and could affect his protocol. HCM was rare then, and things have probably changed, but definitely clear the use of this product with the vet who prescribed the atenolol for him. It may allow (or require) the atenolol dose to be reduced. All that said, I would still recommend constitutional homeopathy for this kitty, as I did when I developed DCM, despite all the meds I was on.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom