• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cat sleeping with tongue hanging out

TammiL

VIP Member
Registered
Hello,
I had no idea where to place something such as this so please place where it would be more appropriate if need be.

My cat was sleeping and she had her tongue sitting out of her mouth just hanging there. She did look at times like she was dreaming a little and her tongue would move slightly like a twitch as would her whiskers. I have never seen any of my cats sleep with their tongue hanging out. Is this normal?

My cat Tigger does have the same itching issue as my other cat has at the moment, (and me), and I am working on healing her with raw foods and playing/purring as well as the ion box when she will allow it and the assisi lounge when she will comply! ? ;)

Please let me know if this is normal or something I should watch closely or if there is something to keep my eye out for when she does do that.

Many thanks!
:0)
Tammi

Tigger Tongue #2    2-9-21.jpg

Tigger Tongue 2-9-21.jpg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
These pics are too cute Tammi! Yes, it was probably normal.

However, like other possible symptoms, let's put it into context.

How's her BEAM?

Any other issues (now or in the past)?

How long was her tongue out like this?

Does she have most of her front teeth?

TammiL

VIP Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff!

Her BEAM is overall GOOD! She is playful and full of energy, eating well, sleeping well but that comes with a bunch of itching just like my other cat Chewey. Tigger's itchiness goes up and down from say a 3 to a 7. it's about a 4 or 5 right now and she has been scratching at her ears a little more. I have cleaned her ears out 2x recently and there is a little brown in there each time and that was about 2 or so days apart. She does seem better after I clean them out a little.

She is only eating Rabbit by Primal and freeze dried rabbit nuggets by Stella and Chewey.

On the 5th of February Tigger was a little constipated and she went in and out of the litter box with no outcome.
She has been licking herself and although hair is coming out when she poops it may not be enough and I notice her poops are a little dryer some days than others and some days yellow and others dark brown.

She is on the fiber powder from you 1/4 tsp 2x a day as well as about 1/4 tsp or more of coconut oil daily
She has also had more burps and acid reflux not necessarily after eating. A few sneezes the other day but not too often and not daily.

On the 7th she was licking herself then my hand and when I took my hand away she licked the chair we were on. She did this a few times of licking herself, me, chair, me herself type thing. It was like she had to be licking something. She was constipated on 5th but went to the bathroom on the 7th and every day since then.

I did purchase the probiotics and digestive enzyme you and I spoke about the other day from the Pet Health and Nutrition Center. I also just got back in the Kitty boost from AnimalEO. I gave them the Kitty Boost tonight again and wasn't sure if I should give that a few days or if I should give them the digestive enzymes and probiotics as well.

So, that's it in a nutshell. Itchy girl, few burps daily, acid reflux not daily but noticeable, no throwing up but once in the past month, little constipation at times but eager to play, snuggle, eat, and of course, sleep. She is enjoying watching the birds and the squirrels outside too!

:0)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for sharing this splendid story to go along with your awe-some pics Tammi! :)

Now comes the time to do the most important and what is often the most difficult holistic action.

That is, to get out of the way and let her body do its job.

Her BEAM will shine the light on better balance beyond her itch. This balance is reflected in her BEAM, happiness and quality of life.

Her body is naturally in balance and it will regain it with proper support, stimulation and removal of lifestyle obstacles like highly processed diets and drugs.

If you can focus on her BEAM and not her itch, she will can regain balance and have a 10/10 BEAM for many years. And over time, with non-manipulative support, her itch will improve and possibly even resolve.

TammiL

VIP Member
Registered
Thanks Dr. Jeff! Super to hear!

Thank you for pointing out to "focus on her BEAM and not her itch". I will keep reminding myself on her healing journey forward!

Hope you have a pawesome week!
???

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom