• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cat Not Eating

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi!

This question is from a different thread, and it's very important so it deserves its own!

@Patton asked:

My cat is not eating. Her beam is off, food wise. A little mopey.
I bought the Cornucopia canned food and it’s fine with my other cat but this one shuns it. I also tried his broccoli sprouts, no luck. What do I do???

The picky kitty is such a common clinical problem that some people (and Morris the cat) think it's "normal" but it's not!

This is another one of those early warning signs of internal imbalance that can be resolved using homeopathy to fine-tune your kitty's Vitality.

In situations like this the first important piece of context is the cat's age.

The approach to a decrease in energy and appetite (or any new symptom) in an older pet is to collect any internal symptoms with a blood test and veterinary physical exam.

In younger pets this would be a cautious approach but often not necessary.

For young pets a great place to start is with a detailed description of the symptoms.

In this case, lets start by exploring the decreased appetite symptom.

For example, is it:

STOMACH - APPETITE, - capricious (hunger,but knows not for what,or refuses things when offered) : (28) ail. ars. aster. bell. BRY. bufo carbn-s. CHIN. CINA coca fago. Hep. Ign. Ip. kali-bi. kreos. mag-c. Mag-m. merc-i-f. petr. Phos. Puls. Sang. sumb. tep. Ther. Tub. zinc.

or,

STOMACH - APPETITE, - easy satiety : (68) agar. Am-c. ant-t. arg-met. arg-n. arn. ars. bar-c. bry. calad. Carbn-s. Caust. CHIN. Cic. Clem. coc-c. Colch. con. croc. Cycl. Dig. dulc. Ferr. Ferr-i. fl-ac. Gels. guare. hydr. Ign. kali-bi. kali-i. kali-s. led. LYC. mag-c. mag-m. mag-s. mang. merc. mez. Nat-m. nit-ac. Nux-m. Nux-v. olnd. Op. petr. petros. Phos. plan. PLAT. podo. prun. psor. ptel. Rheum Rhod. rhus-t. ruta Sep. serp. Sil. spong. Sulph. tarent. thea Thuj. vinc.

or,

STOMACH - APPETITE, - wanting - food, - at sight of : (8) alum. caust. Colch. Crot-c. kali-p. merc-i-f. Phos. SULPH.

or maybe,

STOMACH - APPETITE, - wanting - hunger,with: (28) act-sp. Agar. Alum. Ars. Bar-c. bry. Chin. Chinin-s. COCC. dulc. Hell. Kali-n. Lach. NAT-M. nicc. NUX-V. olnd. op. Phos. psor. Rhus-t. sabad. Sil. Sul-ac. Sulph. tax. Tub. verb.

The describing symptoms recordings are a great place to learn more about further defining ones that seem vague.

Also, in what way exactly does the decreased energy symptom manifest?

And so on for every symptom or modality (something which modifies symptoms) that you can find.

In this way, many kitties can be helped, or even cured, of their picky appetite and decreased energy by building a complete case and giving the indicated homeopathic medicine.

C

Christie

We’ve decided her coughing has gone on long enough and will administer the mask inhaler steroid. We will also use the standard process Human Pneumotrophin and Human Drenamin as the holistic vet said. Maybe we can ween her off the steroid once she turns around a bit. She’s lost 2 pounds also. Is this because she’s instinctly trying to lose heaviness so she can breathe? Or is she not eating as much because she knows she’s sick and in the wild animals don’t eat to heal?
Her blood test came back normal too.
What do you guys think?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Adria!

2 pounds is an awful lot of weight loss for a kitty. Was she obese?

Yes, you can definitely wean her off the palliative steroids as she makes curative progress.☯

You might want to start deep ("constitutional") homeopathic treatment for her if you haven't already done so.

Regarding fasting in the wild, yes! Animals seem to intuitively know that digesting consumes a lot of cellular energy and fasting increases that energy and speeds their healing.
:catfood:

C

Christie

She was 12 lbs. now 10. She’s a 12 yo.
I tried the Cornucopia from your site, she hates it. Tried cooking for her and doesn’t budge. I’m back to feeding her Tiki Cat and Blue Buffalo cans which I notice she will nibble at now but only eats an 1/8 - 1/4 and has to be freshly opened. I’m fine with that as she wasn’t even eating a week ago.
I had her on Respiratory Relief tincture from HawaiiPharms for a few weeks. I’m not sure if it helped or what.
I’m trying to sneak in a very light dusting of Ocean Kelp from Life Line and Ester C in anything she will eat. The other cat takes to it well.
I’m not sure what other constitutional holistic approach I can try as my husband is kind of fed up and wants the drugs.
Please see the xrays attached. Oh and she had an old broken chest bone we just devastatingly found out about. Thanks.

977C18D3-47AE-4174-B9DE-4A6AA3A0D235.jpeg

31EDE103-962A-4B2C-AAB8-3E0A173CD69C.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
For the sake of domestic tranquility, just keep doing what you are doing (inhaler + supportive supplements) and see how it goes.

Please let us know if her BEAM improves over the next few weeks.?

C

Christie

She’s eating a little more. But the steroid made her dizzy and she had to lay down a bunch of times after. One vet said this Flovent 220 mcg is way too much to start a cat with and we should start with 44 mcg plus Albutrin. Original vet said it is not high at all and is fine with going to 110 but not 44 mcg.
she’s coughing much more lately.
what do you guys think?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
IMHO, the best approach would be homeopathy to allow weaning and eventually stopping all drugs.

At 12 years young, her prognosis for cure depends on her prior vaccinations and symptom treatment.

The drugs used are either palliative or suppressive.

Nowadays, most drugs are only able to partially eliminate symptoms.

The "bandaid effect" of just covering up symptoms.

The danger of those, is with higher doses and longer duration of use.

And the longer they're used, the higher the dose need to "treat" the growing internal imbalance.

However, the much bigger danger is total suppression of a symptom.

The symptom goes away as a response to the anti-pathic (against the symptoms) drugs.

In my understanding, based on energy balance, this is much more harmful than even vaccination.

Vaccinosis depends on susceptibility to a negative reaction to the vaccine, whereas symptom suppression always decreases cellular energy.

Especially anti-biotics and the anti-inflammatories in ear meds that make the skin eruptions snd ear problems go away quickly.

Then another symptom gets worse secondary to a worsening of internal equilibrium.

Flovent and Albutrin are usually palliative and since size of the drug dose matters a lot, go as low as you can with the dose.

C

Christie

I agree completely. I will lower the dose for now. Eventually get this down to where I can holistically treat as it has worsen.
Do you think all her teeth problems and now bronchial are all viral related, like how Medical Medium says it is for us humans?
thanks so much!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question!

Yes and no (it depends) about viruses.

Yes, I think my friend Anthony is partially correct that they definitely play an important role.

But so does individual susceptibility to getting imbalanced from the virus (or any other stressor like a virus or Lyme from ticks ).?

We've discussed this, and he agrees.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom