• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Base of toenails red

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I have been noticing Blossom's base of a nail or two or so are red. I just googled it and see it CAN be something like a fungus? I guess I have to take her to the vet now but can I have some information on what causes this. She is not licking or seemingly bothered. I have been washing her feet lately---have I maybe not dried them properly. I don't detect an odor and I don't think her nails are too long (they have been longer in the past). Her nails were trimmed Oct. 30th. I read it can be contagious to people if a fungus but I seem fine and hold her paw all the time. How is this evaluated? If it is a fungus I am sure the drugs are not all that good for her. Any thoughts on this? Thank you

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Not to panic. Since she is not bothered, and there is no odor, this is probably a case of watching for a few more days. Remember that from a holistic standpoint a fungus does not cause a problem - an imbalance in the vital force causes all symptoms.

I have never see red nail beds be contagious in my 40 years.

Certainly go to the vet if you are worried.

Dr. Christina

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Thank you Dr. Christina... Yes I will make an appointment for a check but probably wouldn't be able to get in immediately. She has an appointment with a new vet (actually the one JJ went to for his laser therapy who diagnosed his irregular heartbeat) a week from friday. I also talk to the homeopath around the 23rd. She did have diarrhea off and on for a few weeks but after I changed the food back to Steve's she seems much better. She really loves when I touch and pet her paws in the mornings after going out when we have our petting fest! She loves to rest her head on my shoe while rolled over. She has come a long way to let me pet and wash her paws. She encourages me to hold her paw in the mornings too. I figure it is good oxytocin to start the day for me AND her.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom