• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Are These In Heat Symptoms Common for Schnauzers?

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Hi -
A friend's Schnauzer has had 2 heat cycles and for both heats, she has presented with peeing a lot before the heat, losing her appetite for 3-4 days before bleeding, sleeping more, being more moody and having less energy. Anyone know if this is something other Schnauzers have also presented with or is it her dog's thing? @Dr. Sara?
Thanks!

Jody

lizkunz

VIP Member
Registered
Hi Jodi, I have an intact female Mini Schnauzer. We have been through 8 heats plus or minus. I think it depends on the dog. Penny has not exhibited any of those symptoms and her heats have been very unremarkable Although Penny's mother had very unpredictable heats and she was not bred again after Penny's litter.

To me 3 or 4 days of her unusual behavior doesn't seem too out of the ordinary especially during her first heats but Dr. Sue would know best.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, Jody. These are common symptoms (in any breed) before estrus. However, it depends on the individual as often these symptoms are not seen.

Depending on the context, e.g. are there other symptoms (current or past), prior treatments, vaccinations, do the mom or sisters have these symptoms, etc., these may be early warning signs of internal imbalance that could resolve with homeopathic treatment.

Dr. Sara, have you seen these symptoms in your Berners?

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Yes, Jody. These are common symptoms (in any breed) before estrus. However, it depends on the individual as often these symptoms are not seen.

Depending on the context, e.g. are there other symptoms (current or past), prior treatments, vaccinations, do the mom or sisters have these symptoms, etc., these may be early warning signs of internal imbalance that could resolve with homeopathic treatment.

Dr. Sara, have you seen these symptoms in your Berners?
This is Zoey, the dog I've posted about before. Yes, many symptoms. Yes, internal imbalance. I am now focusing on 3 or 4 key symptoms @Dr. Christina helped me gain some clarity on, going back to the repertory and materia medica and finding a path forward for little Zoe. It's def been a challenge. :)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wonderful that Dr. Christina was able to help you gain some clarity!

Please keep us posted.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom