• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Answers for Discospondylitis

SheriB

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr Jeff
Louie has been doing great since we talked last except for some excessive thirst/urinating and loose stools. Im not sure if they are connected but im wondering if we should change any of his supplementations or diet. We have had him on a bland diet trying to get the loose stools under control but as soon as we reintroduce some of the other foods or supplements, we see a return of the symptoms. His appetite wasn’t the greatest the last couple days, either and he threw up his whole meal yesterday. But everything else is coming along nicely, and he’s walking all over the house and even tried to go up the stairs by himself.
I dont know how concerned we should be with his other symptoms at this point and if so, what should we try?
Thanks so much
Sheri
Also, I did tune into tonight’s webinar, trying to establish if his thirst/urinating is something to be concerned about but Im not really sure.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great news Sheri that Louie is walking around and is seeming to feel well.

Does he have any history of vomiting or diarrhea.

BTW-In case I didn't already mention it, Dia-Assist works well and is safe to use to support his healing:

SheriB

All-Access Member
Registered
Great news Sheri that Louie is walking around and is seeming to feel well.

Does he have any history of vomiting or diarrhea.

BTW-In case I didn't already mention it, Dia-Assist works well and is safe to use to support his healing:

No he doesn’t really have a history of it. But one thing I did pick up tonight was the importance of probiotics in conjunction with antibiotics and, Louis was recently put on two potent antibiotics to try and treat the discospondylitis but there was no mention of probiotics to counter the effects. Also, is it safe for him to be on calcium carbonate and glucosamine? And was dose of vitamin should we have him on?
Thank you for the suggestion, I will try to get for him ASAP. Would he benefit from Slippery Elm in the meantime?
Sorry for all the questions ?

SheriB

All-Access Member
Registered
No he doesn’t really have a history of it. But one thing I did pick up tonight was the importance of probiotics in conjunction with antibiotics and, Louis was recently put on two potent antibiotics to try and treat the discospondylitis but there was no mention of probiotics to counter the effects. Also, is it safe for him to be on calcium carbonate and glucosamine? And was dose of vitamin should we have him on?
Thank you for the suggestion, I will try to get for him ASAP. Would he benefit from Slippery Elm in the meantime?
I also want to mention that i am unable to have that product shipped to my address ?? Do you have any other suggestions?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom