• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Aconite did not work for Blossom's car anxiety (Panic)

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I was disappointed that Blossom's anxiety, actually it is panic in the car, did not respond to Aconite that was prescribed by a homeopath. Not even an ounce of improvement or calmness. I gave her 3 drops in some skim milk. Took her for a 10 min walk and then in the car. I was making better progress with her feeding treats. I fed her treats and gave her aconite today and I really think she experiences panic, not simple anxiety. It seemed worse having given her the aconite. This is her typical... to respond in a paradoxial manner. I don't know if a different remedy is used for panic. Is there actual evidence, clinical studies this method works. don't know what it is going to take to see some greater progress than I did on my own for 8 months she has been here. I have heard of anecdotal cases of homeopathy working but I would like to see some peer reviewed studies.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Lil,
Homeopathy is not like a drug except in some acute situations. This is one of Blossom's many symptoms that Dr. Herman is prescribing for. It may take a month to see a change. It is very important to look at the totality of symptoms, BEAM and EWS when evaluating the response to remedies. It is best when it does not work immediately when treating a chronic condition. Remember from all the webinars - that would be suppression or palliation. We want to slowly move towards a cure.

Having used homeopathy to treat animals for over 40 years I can assure you it is a very powerful healing modality AND a lot of patience is needed when working with any energy medicine for a deep cure.

Research studies are challenging because it is an individualized medicine. Here is an example:
The following is an example of a pair of studies that attempted to answer this question.

• In the first study, the homeopathic remedy Rhus Tox, commonly used in patients with joint symptoms, was given to a randomized group of arthritis patients, and was not found to have any impact greater than placebo. In that case, there was no homeopathic evaluation and the remedy was not matched to the individual (Shipley et al., 1983).
  • In the second study, homeopaths took the cases of patients with fibromyalgia (muscle pain and stiffness) and only those whose entire picture indicated Rhus Tox were entered into the study. The patients in this study who received the Rhus Tox remedy did significantly better than those who received placebo. This is a better study for evaluating the homeopathic system of treatment (Fisher et al., 1989).

Not sure you can access these:

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom