• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Yeast/Allergies

MichelleD

VIP Member
Registered
Hello, my maltese has been having trouble with allergies for awhile. He had been scooting a lot earlier in January and this weird yeasty crust would form on his anal area... so we took him in and they emptied his anal gland sacs, which weren’t even full but had pus in it-so infected...then afterwards, his whole anal area became red and inflamed which we treated with aloe vera, coconut oil, colloidal silver, and some other stuff. It healed and we also changed his diet majorly after doing a stress wellness test from Glacier Peak Holistics, and got him on a lot of their supplements. His scooting decreased 95% however it appears that the yeast is returning. I know it’s spring and he has environmental allergies as well and that may have something to do with it but also, he hasn’t stopped excessive tear staining since January and I’m beginning to doubt the validity of the scan due to an article I read and I’m wondering if I am eliminate the right things. His BUN was high but it dropped 1-2 points after his diet change & since we put him on pre and probiotics.

Questions:

1. The photo attached is of my dogs anus, does that look like yeast, allergies or could it be whip worm? He’s had two clear fecal tests but someone told me not all worms show up on those.
2. Should I give it more time?
3. Any suggestions for topicals? Been spraying colloidal silver on it.

*his diet is legume free, pea free, potato free, grain free, dairy free, all natural not raw, organic leafy veggies, carrots, broccoli, fruits, seeds, CBD and coconut oils, beef, turkey, pork, primal treats...I recently started making him peanut butter treats with coconut flour but lately been wondering if Pb is causing bad reaction.

1A7CF9CD-793D-4BC0-AE31-5F0A3E174A2F.png

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Michelle and thanks so much for making your first post! ?

1. It is indeed true that whips are hard to find on a regular fecal test. Idexx can run an antibody test on his stool to see if there are or were occult (hidden) whips.

Alternatively, Panacur/Safeguard (which is the OTC version) is very safe and effective to use. If you are using it for whips. do 3 days in a row. Then again for 3 days in 3 weeks, and again in 3 months.

2. That depends on your pups BEAM (Behavior, Energy, Appetite, Mood).

If it's good then you should be safe to wait assuming that all else is well and that your vet gave him a recent exam.

3. Stem Gel, Dr. Rose's Remedy, 7 cream...

Most important is to start addressing his internal energetic imbalance using homeopathy, TCVM, Ayurveda, etc, which the supplements are not able to do.

Only his body, when properly stimulated, is able to do that.

Take a look at some of the cure, palliation and suppression info. on the forum and at the main site.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom