• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Woodbury dog Skippy/now Remi

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Last month I posted a story about a Havanese/Silky terrier mix (16 pounds) 7-8 years old I impounded (animal control) that had been attacked by a much larger dog and chewed from one end to the other. He immediately went into surgery including drains in the larger wounds. We were not sure if he would make it. Along with saving his life he was given every drug they thought was appropriate including morphine, Gabapenten, Baytril and more I don't remember. It was also discovered his kidneys were impaired and weren't sure if it was from trauma or if he previously had an issue. We were unable to obtain any previous medical records. He would not eat until they fed him some chicken or roast beef and backed him off pain meds. They wanted to get him on the prescription kidney diet?? He was finally released one week ago and went directly into a wonderful home with a retired woman and no other dogs (he is afraid of other dogs now). We talked at great length about a fresh raw diet and she is all for it. She agreed the Purina food was crap as first ingredient is corn!! He is adjusting to his new home with a few expected quirks that she is working on. One concern is he has to have his rabies vaccine that I would not allow while he was there being treated. His other pressing issue is his kidneys.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hooray for Remi!

His new guardians may want to repeat the results in 3 weeks after Remi's been on a higher vitality diet.

Even if this is done just by adding some fresh food, chicken, tripe or raw kidney to a good kibble like Carna4.

The kidney abnormalities will improve, but the question is by how much (and specifically in what way). Please then upload both results so we can see what's really going on.

Thanks for your great work Judy!

Dr. Jeff

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
He has chosen his food. She offered him the canned kidney food and raw and he chose the raw!

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Hooray for Remi!

His new guardians may want to repeat the results in 3 weeks after Remi's been on a higher vitality diet.

Even if this is done just by adding some fresh food, chicken, tripe or raw kidney to a good kibble like Carna4.

The kidney abnormalities will improve, but the question is by how much (and specifically in what way). Please then upload both results so we can see what's really going on.

Thanks for your great work Judy!

Dr. Jeff
Will do. Thanks

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom