• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Vet or Vet Tech house visit in CT

novasimpson

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi!! We are trying to find a vet or vet tech to come to our home to draw blood for labs. Does anyone have experience with someone in CT?

I have reached out to several places I found online and by calling and asking hospitals for recommendations. I am hoping one will work out.

One of the vets suggested if I knew a vet tech (I don't) that I can just pay her/him to come to home and draw blood and then take to vet or vet hosp to run....so if anyone has a connection to a vet tech -I would love that info too :)

Thank you!
Nova

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'll check around Nova to see if I can find anyone in the New Haven area.

novasimpson

All-Access Member
Registered
We ended up using Dr Diana Weston. We really liked her. She was patient and gentle. She works at westville clinic and ER in Central on weekends. She was easy to communicate with (text, phone and email) and was flexible with her scheduling.

Her website doesn't seem to be working (housepetvet.com) but her phone # is 203-275-6005. She just comes w some gear and visits in the house.

We also reached out to Goldcoastmobilevet.com Dr Saria and they were willing to come to New Haven (they have clinic on wheels). They book kind of far out (several weeks). They seem a little uncomfortable about driving clinic in downtown New Haven but did schedule the appt to come to New Haven.

And Curbsidevet.com Dr Lawendy (they have a mobile clinic too). They charge extra to travel to New Haven (and will give fee information in advanced). They were easy to communicate with as well -via phone and email. We had an appt but it was cancelled when CT had a bad storm and large areas lost power.

Also, we used Lap of Love -Dr. Rachel They provide hospice care, euthanasia and aftercare. Toshi passed away at home on her own with us. We were so grateful that she passed so peacefully on her own but didn't know what to do. There are options but this one felt better. Dr. Rachel was very kind and patient. She brought a little basket with a soft purple blanket to transport Toshi-mama. With broken hearts, it felt like Toshi was lovingly being cared for.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for sharing this useful info. Nova.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom