• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Vaccination and K9 Flu shot

StephanieC

All-Access Member
Registered
Our puppy Cooper (whom I covered in a separate post) has had several vaccine shots at the breeder and also his Vet in CT (Aspectuck Animal Hospital, New Milford).

He does not have the distemper parvo vaccine (which I think is 4th in some series). We declined the 4th one because he reacted poorly to the 3rd, which he had when he was about 2.5mo old (first 2 he has at the breeder). Since then he has had vaccine for rabies and also lyme (before we joined HA).

We were exploring having him at a dog care once in a while so wanted to register him (Unleashed in New Milford). They require the distemper parvo. Furthermore, they also require a K9 Flu shot.

Any thoughts on above? If we have to leave him at cage free daycare is it common to require these vaccines/flu shots? Also, I am guessing he will have to take some Boosters after 1yr anniversary of some (eg Bortadlla). Thoughts much appreciated?

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Well.....since vaccines don't work, and since they're all more or less harmful to the system: Firstly, what in the world did they vaccinate him for as a pup if not D and P? These are about the only two diseases about which most folks are concerned... You were totally right to decline that fourth shot:) Now, it is unethical and potentially illegal to vaccinate a sick animal - one who has shown an adverse reaction to a vaccine - and you shoud be able to get a letter of waiver from any decent vet. If this fails to impress the daycare folks, I'd go elsewhere - after murmuring some things about legal implications. The "flu" shot is not necessary and not effective anyway, the "boosters" are just as harmful as the initial shots - and there is no legal requirement for ANY shot at any time except for rabies. Now, some vets will issue a legally acceptable statement of immune impairment for a dog who has reacted poorly, even for rabies. So, don't be quick to do what ignorant folks want, if it's not in your dog's best interests - which it is NOT.

My first dog was vaccinated much more than necessary, and was virtually ruined by them. He was granted an exemption at four from all future shots - and my local animal control gave him a lifelong free license:) He was still ruined, though, and Dr. Jeff and I moved mountains to give him a wonderful life anyway, through a laundry list of symptoms, organ failures, orthopedic nightmares, all of which could have been forestalled. My second dog had only a few puppy shots, and still had issues which needed homeopathic care, and died young following a structural failure of her vertebral column. My present dog has had - shh! - none. None. We keep our heads down....

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Mike!

Fantastic that you want to be cautious about vaccines. As Ginny says, this can prevent problems from the injection of the toxins in vaccines which can really disrupt your pup’s inner balance to create dis-ease.

i do beg to differ with Ginny tho as we know that vaccines do work.

They can (not always) work to do one thing. That is, to prevent acute infectoons like parvo, distemper, covid, etc.

The problem is that they also can create more problems.

Whether the risk is worth the benefit is the big question.

Peraps read over the vaccinosis preventio ebook then lets discuss on our next HMDM call.

@aruna, I’d appreciate if you add thedirect link to the ebook and webinar course. Thanks.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
That's for sure (gotta weigh all sides)!

I look forward to chatting about this today (in 5 minutes).

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Yes, granted. They CAN work, but at an expense. I much prefer, and have staked all on the body's own, natural immunity, which, after all, works on the same principles - and these are also the principles of homeopathic effect from which vaccine theory evolved - how ironic, eh? Excellent nutrition and nurture, with gradual exposure of the uncompromised system to the environment, actually works great, with no bludgeoning, no starting a war on the tender territory of the baby body. Sometimes a bit of a struggle - say, sniffles, a day or two of loose stool - may result from exposure, but the healthy young one will win that fight and have rock-solid immunity as a result. And of course we can ease the symptoms with homeopathy...

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I much prefer, and have staked all on the body's own, natural immunity, which, after all, works on the same principles

Me too!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom