• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

The Dog and Cat Exposome and Individuality!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
As a science nerd, I am super-psyched that a good friend pointed me to the Human Exposome Project!

The exposome is a molecular description of the mechanisms that occur based on individual susceptibility of every pet. The things that make her unique.

Here's what scientist Gary Miller from the Human Exposome Project says about the importance of this work:

Fortunately, exposome-based approaches are catching on and dozens of universities in North America, Europe and Asia have begun exposome research centers, institutes, or projects. The European Commission recently awarded over 100,000,000 euros for the European Human Exposome Network, a collection of 11 different projects that examine the complex environmental exposures involved in a host of diseases, from immune-mediated disorders to cardiovascular disease (www.humanexposome.eu/). This book discusses how the exposome can be integrated into existing research programs that examine the development, progression, and treatment of nearly all human diseases. For example, there is compelling evidence that the severity of COVID-19 is worse in ethnic minorities and studies clearly indicate that these disparities are not due to genetic factors. The answer is obvious—the exposome. Air pollution, poor nutrition, or low socioeconomic status result in a change in biology and contribute to the development and exacerbation of disease.

I agree and am trying to get HA! involved with this work which is the epigenetic extension of the Human Genome Project.

As sequencing of genes has done in the past 20 years, studying the exposome will do for 50-100 years more.

This is very exciting because finally science is defining individuality and will eventually embrace symptoms and homeopathy!

If this area of study fascinates you as it does me, and you want to learn more about holistic actions that are based on it, check out this article:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Here's another exposome quote from a conference about the exposome in 2017 at Yale:

In the past decades, huge efforts have been devoted to a gene-based approach, identifying the specific genetic defects that... predispose an individual to disease. However, it is increasingly understood that such an approach, although enormously successful, is far from sufficient, especially because most cellular components exert their function through intricate networks of regulatory, metabolic, and protein interactions.

Therefore, the impact of different (and often disease-causing) genetic and epigenetic variations are not restricted but may spread in the intracellular network, affecting the activity and/or function of gene products that otherwise carry no defects.

Because of these complex interdependencies among a cell’s molecular components, the possibility of deep functional and causal relationships between apparently distinct disease phenotypes is apparent.
Here's the full slide set for anyone who wants to join me on this journey:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom