• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

TH17 modulator and seizure control.

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr Jeff and Dr Christina, this is fairly new for humans, could it work for cats? If so what supplements or herbs would have this modulator in it? It’s difficult for cats to be on a ketogenic diet. Are there any resources to further research. Teddy is doing well but still early in am he paces and cries to go outdoors. Could this be a sign of wanting to get out in fresh cold air? He has a very strong drive to go outside All the time, but does settle when asked to stop so I just am perplexed on this behavior issue?

Here is the new research I found by Dr Kara Fitzgerald, fundamental Dr also working with Dr Yanuck, a great Immunologist nationally for humans.

Thank you!

“emerging research on Th17 prompted by a new paper in the journal Cell, that postulated a reduction in Bifidobacteria may mediate some of the benefits of a ketogenic diet for epilepsy by reducing Th17”

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'll see what I can learn about this Joann.

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you so much Dr Jeff. I keep going over Teddy’s hospitalization and the behavior changes that occurred right after that massive seizure. They still exist to some point today, and I can’t seem to pinpoint the original causative factor. Phosphorus absolutely helps, along with low dose phenobarbital and CBD.

These behaviors ( although sporatic in nature, have no pattern and remain status post his major seizure. These include lowering of his head trying to cough like an asthmatic cat, like he is trying to drain phlegm, but he does not have asthma, it stops after a minute or with distraction, awakes every night at 4:30 paces to go outside, meowing ( this is getting better after 5 minutes of deep massage, he then settles down), infrequently circles to left.

The aloe Vera detox definitely helped reduce parasitic residual energy because he has become more himself, I.e. takes an interest in his toys, and the time he is up at early morning is less, so some good positive signs. His BEAM is 95% despite his anxiousness in the early morning.

It would be very interesting to see if you have heard of this TH17, or even if adding an adaptogen to his diet, like cats claw? I will also be discussing with Dr Judy too. I am not sure how successful MCT oil is? Teddy has never tried it.

Have you used smartzyme on any kitties. This looks like an excellent product. Both Timmy and Teddy are not on fish oil? It might be good to use every other month?

Again, thank you for checking into this for pets, it’s a breakthrough for humans.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Joann.

You're welcome. Researching TH17 has been fascinating, so thanks for asking about this it.

Yes, I have used SmartZYME for kitties and think it would be great to add to Teddy's diet every other month as you describe.

The liquid aloe detox is also wonderful, and I'm glad that he seemed better after it.

Have you tried an Answer's fermented goat's milk fast and detox? To do it, you'd offer primarily, or only, the Answer's during 3-5 days for the first round. See if that has a beneficial effect. If it does, try doing it for 1 week and see how he does.

Also, regarding MCT oil, does Teddy get any coconut oil in his diet? Coconut oil is very high in MCTs.

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr Jeff, thank you for your recommendations. I am going to order smartzyme and give it to both kitties. I did not know MCT oil was in cocumnut oil, I rub that on his gums and brush his teeth every night, so maybe he is getting it, and I did not realize it.

I am afraid to try goats milk because I did try that onc and he had diarrhea with it??? This was about 2 weeks before his seizure?

Yes, the TH 17 info will be very interesting. I am learning a bit about herbal medicine and cats claw is a powerful adaptation, but I have to go ever so slow when introducing something new.

On the smartzyme how would you recommend starting out? Would it be ok to start at less dose recommended, then build up?

Thank you again.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, it would be fine to start with just 1 drop/meal and work up to the full dose.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom