• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Sweet 9 year old Tabby - Diabetes - has a foggy eye and a bit squinty

AndiS

All-Access Member
Registered
Our male 9 year old orange tabby, Sonny, has been diagnosed with Diabetes for quite some time. We have been giving him Sugar Gold and have since switched over to fresh, wet or raw food. He is a cat that loves being outside--probably because he was born feral. His demeanor very sweet and hints of acting like a dog, like laying himself in the middle of a walkway to ensure petting, coming when he is called, being motivated by food, asked to go out when he needs to use the bathroom. He has been holding steady with the diabetes and even lowered his sugar a bit with the changes. We have not given much insulin because it seems like he is spacy and not feeling well after the shot and his blood sugar doesn't always drop in a timely manner. We have not had much blood sugar information recently because we were away house hunting and we had a pet sitter come daily and let him out and brush him. We are back and he had day where he didn't eat much and had diarrhea. He rested and somewhat fasted for a day and was seemingly better. He did jump twice from the 2nd story deck twice in a 24 hours period that we thought was blocked off. He is not showing any signs of pain with this walk. However, his right eye is cloudy and there is a sometimes visible black eyelid that will barely show on occasion (have seen the black in the past) and he is squinting a little as well. He was very receptive to Reiki this evening and ate some catnip and let me gently, as a feather, glide a lemon balm leaf over his closed eye. His paws were flexing by the end. He is sleeping now. So, I'm not sure if he injured his eye and/or he has something else going on with diabetes or a virus. I feel he has an unseen viral load but I don't know what to do about it. Any direction would be helpful. I'm thinking of cancelling plans tomorrow to get him to a vet. As a side note, we are near Tufts vet school if an emergency arose. Can I give his echinacea and goldenseal?

IMG_8923.jpg

IMG_8925.jpg

AndiS

All-Access Member
Registered
Adding a more clear photo this morning.

59040F71-1A1D-4A9A-9EA0-9162A35414D3.jpeg

AndiS

All-Access Member
Registered
These are the supplements I’m drawn to, but don’t want to overdo it or miss the mark. Thanks.

C60B31FD-C4F3-4901-A214-5E4A8B3274AF.jpeg

AndiS

All-Access Member
Registered
I’m fairly enthusiastic about how things are going. I gave more Reiki today and used Chamomile Tea to wipe the outside of his eyes and clean up the gunk. This collage shows this morning, this afternoon and tonight. Hoping he is feeling a little better tomorrow; he rested a lot today and seemed tired.

4F834062-D424-4C47-A067-6677F0BE6060.jpeg

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom