• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Stomach rumbling in dog

AliceR

Registered
Hello,

Dr. Jeff thought I should post my experience with my dog, Apollo. Apollo is a 10 yr old Siberian husky/Australian Shepherd mix. He has a history of waking during the night and peeing and/or defecating in bathroom. Since I started giving him Melatonin as well as a bladder support supplement, he has not had many accidents or he gets me up to go outside.

Last week,Tues., around 4am, he woke me and I let him outside. He peed and then came back in, then he wanted out again and peed again and came back in. He usually sleeps under the bed, but he lied down next to the bed and I heard his stomach making noises. I got up and looked through Hamilton for the symptoms for bloat. (I know I think the worst especially at 4 am). I decided to give him Nux Vomica, 30 C, the noises continued. So, I then decided after reading to try Carbo Veg, 200 C. The noises stopped and he went back to sleep. These decisions were made over about 2 hrs. I realized I didn't have my car, it was at the shop, in case I thought he needed to go to the emergency vet. There was no stomach swelling. When I finally got up, Apollo vomited yellow bile. I fed him oatmeal instead of his usual meal. I fed his regular meal in the afternoon.

The next day, Wednesday, Apollo seemed fine, and slept through the night fine. Later that night around 8pm, he started coughing/retching- I watched him for about 20 min. and then tried Nux Vomica, he continued to retch. Again, I reached for Carbo Veg, this time 30 C. He immediately stopped retching and has been fine since.

Alice R.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for sharing this powerful and fast effect of Apollo's return to internal balance after a homeopathic medicine.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom