• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Stomach Issues

MelissaC

VIP Member
Registered
Good morning-

Seeking some input...My dog Batman woke up this morning drooling, licking his lips, and swatting at his ears as though bile had backed up into those areas. As we got up he was compulsively swallowing and wanting to go outside, to frantically eat grass--this happened before. I controlled the grass eating, gave antacid, tried some food, and things are ok, but not better. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Melissa

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
How is he presently? Dogs can seek out grass when they are feeling nauseous, and then throw it up, often with a trace of what was bothering them: bone bits, rocks, rags, dirt - anything that may not pass through the gut well. I would assume that by now you have done detective work on what might have been consumed. I would pass on the antacid; they need their stomach acids to help straighten out the problem. Any further clues turning up? Better? Worse? Productive? By itself, this is a normal occasional behavior, so I would just let him rest and deal, until he tells you he wants food.

MelissaC

VIP Member
Registered
Still not feeling well or maybe he is better because he is sleeping fairly soundly. Thank you for your suggestions! Meliss

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom