• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Soft Tissue Sarcoma Stage II

XiomaraC

All-Access Member
Registered
Happy New Year to all!

I have a 10 y.o. female cat named Shadow. She was diagnosed with Fibrosarcoma caused by the Feline Leukemia Vaccine in August 2020. As a result, we decided to amputate her leg and now we have a tripawd kitty (she's even cuter now than she was before!) =) Within 4 months from the hind left leg removal, the tumor came back more aggressive and with a new name, "Soft Tissue Sarcoma Stage II". Our vet, a community hospital with conventional care has given me the suggestion to "keep Shadow comfortable" and left it up to us to determine if we wanted to see an oncologist. I called oncology, but the soonest available wasn't until 2/3/2021 (I called the beginning of December). At first, this wasn't the best news after feeling a sense of urgency to get specialty medical advice. But now I understand, the silver lining was joining Holistic Actions! (Thank you Dr. Jeff and team for creating this informative & resourceful space) No matter the outcome, we have been able to give Shadow her best chance with the information shared by the team and other pet parents. We continue on this journey of trying to bring vitality and balance with some days being better than others and it isn't always easy as time continues to pass. However, Shadow is a fighter and she has the spirit of a warrior which makes this journey so much more healing for us. WE are in love with Reiki and it has been such a great help as we navigate what Shadow may be responding to the best. Currently, she is on Life Support Supplement, Biopreparation f3+ (super food), CBD Oil and flower essence. Our most recent concern has been Shadow's lack of interest in her current diet. Since the leg removal in August, she has been eating Ziwi Peak Chicken Recipe. Prior to falling ill, she LOVED her food but it does not seem to be doing the trick. After speaking with Dr. Jeff, our current goal is to increase her cellular energy. We will be adding fresh food to her diet and have purchased a snuffle mat to aid her sniffing for heart treats. I have been interested in exploring Raw Goat's Milk, thoughts?

I should add, Shadow received a biopsy of the mass growing at the site of her amputation. As a result, she has had this open wound site that seems to be very stubborn and difficult to treat. I have been putting Colloidal Silver which has helped minimally. The site excretes pus and does have a foul odor (cancer SUCKS!). I understand that the site has cancerous cells that are making it difficult for healing, but if anyone has additional suggestions for wound care, I am open to receiving the information.

Essential Oils are of daily use in our home (diffused). Mostly, Frankincense Frereana to help strengthen her immune system and more recently ginger (using with caution). We have also ordered an air purifier to assist with environmental factors that may be hindering vitality.

I look forward to any feedback! Many blessings for all readers as we have officially entered 2021!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Welcome, Xiomara and thanks so much for making your first post! ?

Shadow is one lucky kitty to have you for her mom. I'm so sorry about the rapid return of her cancer, but am glad that you found HA! (BTW-I just learned that Ha means "Breath of Life" in Hawaiian).

I mention the hidden meaning of HA! because breath, prana, chi, vital force, etc. is one of the powerful tools that you can use to help her.

The more she can purr, which is akin to the restricted laryngeal breathing of ujjayi breath in yoga, the better.

Promoting purring and playing help activate healing mechanisms in her body. As these improve, her BEAM (behavior, energy, appetite, mood) will also improve since BEAM is directly related to quality of life.

This will help her amputation site wound heal. Did it heal at first after the amputation?

Regarding healing of her wound, in addition to the Marcellin and cancer salve we discussed, you might want to consider using some comfrey topically and orally as homeopathic Symphytum 6c. Please don't use the comfrey orally. Symphytum is ultra-diluted.

You might be able to get those locally and even start them today.

Please let us know what you can find this weekend and whether you have other questions.

Here's a comfrey poultice video:

XiomaraC

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you Dr. Jeff for getting back to me. Ah yes, Marcellin (I couldn't remember the name). I have not been able to find Marcellin or the Cancer Salve. Do you have any recommendations on where I could find them?

I found this, which I know Anthony Williams trusts this brand in humans. This is a veterinary blend. Any thoughts on it? Amazon.com : HawaiiPharm Symphytum Comfrey Veterinary Natural Alcohol-Free Liquid Extract, Pet Herbal Supplement 4 oz : Pet Supplies

If not the above, I found these Symphytum 6c pellets. Here is the link: Amazon.com: Boiron Symphytum officinale 6c, 80 pellets, homeopathic Medicine That Promotes Healing of Bone Trauma, 3 Count: Health & Personal Care

Thank you for your help!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're very welcome, Xiomara!

The Marcellin and cancer salves are made up individually by Naturopaths. I am about to order some from a friend of mine who makes them if you'd like me to order extra for Shadow.

The HawaiiPharm is fine for external use and the Symphytum you found would be wonderful for internal dosing.

XiomaraC

All-Access Member
Registered
Oh, wonderful! Yes, please order an extra for Shadow. We appreciate it!

I never answered your question about Shadows healing. But yes, after the amputation her sutures healed. Her hair was in the process of growing back. As the tumor grew it became itchy and Shadow bit it while licking it and caused some bleeding. A few days later she had the biopsy completed. Just to confirm, I am able to give her the tincture externally, use the salve & give her the pellets internally? Would this be too much for her in addition to what she is already taking?

We’ve also added a Turmeric supplement with black pepper to assist with Tumor size. She started her first dose this morning.

Thanks Dr. Jeff!

Last edited:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom