• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Sneezing kitty

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff, as a cat mom to 17 kitties, (yes, 17) there is always someone sick it seems. My kitty Chamaco (Spanish for Little Kid) 8 years old, was treated for gingivitis last week. He was given an injection, of an antibiotic much to my dismay. I gave him Hyper 200C for his pain and Merc for his remedy. Both were given last Friday. The vet also gave me a type of tarter cleaner for his gums, it looks like toothpaste. I used it 3 times on him, and the last time I brushed it on his gums (3 days ago) he immediately began sneezing. Six or seven sneezes in a row. No discharge from his nose, but now his eyes are watery (clear fluid) particularly the left eye. His appetite is still good but he seems a bit lethargic. His sneezing seems to be worse in the early morning. He also wants attention more so than usual. He is also drooling again which is what alerted me to possible gum disease last week. The gingivitis was diagnosed by the vet but I figured it had to be either gum disease or a bad tooth. My Homeopathic software got updated recently and I haven't a clue how to make it work. I am getting a tutorial this afternoon, so hopefully, I can be functional again. I have a follow-up appointment this morning, but I really do not want him pumped full of antibiotics. I am at a bit of a loss. here.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
bummer on the software, but I found the book repertories worked just as well, especially when you had a few good symptoms.

Of course we are not treating your cats here at HA, but a few suggestions:
I would read about Pulsatilla - increased demand for attention, sneezing worse in AM, wrong side for eye but it is in both.
I would think about your rational for going back today to the vet and what their options may be.
Wait a bit on brushing the teeth.
Supplements for inflammation - Vit C and others I am sure you have on hand.
Reiki
Acupressure

Dr. Christina

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Thank you Dr Christina. I considered Puls because of his clinginess, but now, more prominently, his symptoms seem to be left sided. . left lower gum area, worse than the right, left nostril clear discharge and left eye way more runny, again clear discharge. More sneezing in the morning than any other time of day.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Since I left my books in Florida, I just used the free Kent's on line. Kent J.T. Repertory of the Hom. M.M. - Médi-T
One rubric may apply - gum inflammation upper L - kreosote.
Nose, sneezing AM; mouth, inflammation, gums; generalities, left
maybe add in rubrics for the salivation and vet description of mouth
Sulphur (can be affectionate when ill), Phos (any bleeding or h/o?),
Dr. christina

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Since I left my books in Florida, I just used the free Kent's on line. Kent J.T. Repertory of the Hom. M.M. - Médi-T
One rubric may apply - gum inflammation upper L - kreosote.
Nose, sneezing AM; mouth, inflammation, gums; generalities, left
maybe add in rubrics for the salivation and vet description of mouth
Sulphur (can be affectionate when ill), Phos (any bleeding or h/o?),
Dr. christina
No bleeding, just colourless fluid, same as from his nose and eyes. I am sort of up and running with the software so perhaps I can rep his case better. Actually, he is beside me on my desk, cleaning himself and acting as if nothing is wrong. He is a sweet affectionate cat. I have read that gingivitis can cause issues with the nose and eyes, since they are interconnected in terms of bacteria migrating from the gum infection. overall, he isn't feeling that bad. He is his usual self, just a bit more clingy

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
One of the keys to health that you certainly know is the need for Patience - allowing, as long as possible, the body to work through its symptoms, especially when not feeling too bad.

And of course, you are continuing to monitor all symptoms not merely the mouth, eyes and nose.

Glad your software fixed.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom