• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Riki allergies or GI problem?

JolantaR

Community Member
Registered
Riki feline
Sex-male neutered
Age- 8 years old
Breed- DLH
Weight -17 Ibs
vaccine
last Rabies 10/2021
FVRCP and Rabies 10/2015 and 2018
Heath history
When I adopted him his had a diarrhea for a few months.
2016 - diarrhea -metronidazol
05/2017 after encounter the rabbit started to scratching . Alopetia , pruritus after a few days. Got bold on his neck and belly. Depo Medrol 20mg injection
07/2017- his skin became very dry and flaky . Exaggerated Panniculus reflex due to skin irritation or prutitus
Blood test normal
01/ 2019 3 days duration , behavioral changes, he wants more food , anxiety for food
05/2019 dental surgery , teeth extraction. Diagnosis FORL dental disease
12/2019 sneezing sleeping more , not able to jump on furniture, licking around his mouth. Swollen on the face - no diagnosis.
10/20 stage 2 dental disease , few Matt’s in fur
Blood normal as always
08/20 lethargic, face puffy , eyes close and he would not open much . Happens after I increased chicken in his diet. The vet said it was a odd reaction to food allergy.
05/21 has creaking joins , constipation , stage 2 dental disease/ teeth cleaned 2 years ago
07/21 drooling , lethargic, skin not elastic, watery eyes. Worse drooling after eating. Puffy face
2 vies radiographs chest and abdomen. Diagnosis? Dental pain . Or allergy reaction
08/21 dental surgery 1 extracion. Riki already lost 3 tooth between last dental surgery.
10/21 He started to be sensitive when I brush him . Before he lived to be brush. Not any more.
01/22 vomiting . Food and after mucous and fresh blood. Lethargic, didn’t want to eat for one day. Face very swollen. Diarrhea on the 3 rd day . Much better after.
03/22 the face is puffy. In the morning before eating he looks ok but after eating the water comes from his eye , puffy on his face and lethargic. Probably because the dental disease recurring so quickly.
A few episodes of vomiting in the morning on empty stomach . He has problems with pooping. The poop stacks in hid but and he is running like that and loosing stool in the house. Like very
03/22 dental procedure. And ultrasound to find out where the arthritis is . And !!!!!!
Radiograph show no obvious signs of arthritis in spine and hips. Dental procedure shown no significant findings of pain or oral lesion .
After the procedure he is lethargic and very very puffy on his face . Worse after eating. Sometimes he has even trouble to eat like is to puffy in his mouth. Liking his lips often . Looks like the conditions are worse after the anesthesia.,
I started to give him only organic turkey breast and wild salmon after I cook it with pumpkin. Liver support from Hawaii Pharm and realmushrooms -5 mushrooms immune defender / recommend by a holistic vet/ and can food with mix of blended vegged and fruits. Assisi loop and TTouch masaz . I don’t know it is allergy to all proteins or GI problem like stomach inflammation.
In the past I gave him a raw organic turkey breast , raw organic beef , duck hurts, sardines, raw salmon , , rabbit in can food or duck in can food .

F2844ABE-E88A-40BC-A80A-74390E423ED0.jpeg

E706C595-3C66-47DB-A587-E8CB0EE73A44.jpeg

797A283F-63BF-463C-9A63-E23440D1BA03.jpeg

C51AEFD1-0ED4-4198-8890-CAA9E38C1A72.jpeg

D3DD18D5-EB9A-4534-AE5A-B6EA0453923C.png

37D8B0A5-7FDD-485F-9C9D-143AE38BE200.png

68EBC674-9CE5-4768-B197-7A28264422BB.png

5B6DC139-00A7-4711-9753-D2003118C635.png

4830CD9B-5753-4BA5-BAFC-EFDDF27113E4.png

6A97F4C8-D44A-4CF6-9C16-2561EBCCCFEC.png

JolantaR

Community Member
Registered
He still wants to eat . He is coming when I play with the others cats but he rather just watch . He is coming outside with me for one hour a day and he mark the territory with lips and by spraying. In the past 4 year ago he was playing with me and jump and catch the boll but now he only plays with his front paws and body laying on the floor. / so I am confused because I thought because of arthritis.,
He has anxiety about food . He became so frustrated if I ignored his crying for food.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Jolanta, thanks for your great reporting.
With HMDM, step one is to set your goal. This can be done at any point, and done over and over again.

Now your goal can be twofold. One is to work with a homeopathic or TCVM veterinarian to rebalance his energy field so the food anxiety, mouth issues, sensitivity to brushing, "allergies" and arthritis all resolve. The second is to gently support him with home care until the balance can be restored as you are doing with the assisi loop and supplements, outside air and supplements.

Step 2 is to do research, which you are doing with the post.

Be sure to take the holistic pet health 101 course (under member resources)
Read about finding a good holistic vet at holisticactions.com/select, or think about working with Dr. Jeff (homevet.com).
Go to the member library to read about his different conditions.
Schedule your 15 minute call with Dr. Jeff or myself

Step 3 is to pause (paws), and consider your next steps, write down your action plan, then start implementing the plan. As the days pass, evaluate how well your choices are working. Read more about this at Non member login - Holistic Actions! or do a search for even more talks on this important step.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for posting about Riki. Wow, you're doing a lot of great things for him.

I second Dr. Christina's comment about your reading through the 101 course ad possibly some of the other member resources. In addition to getting guidance from one of the vet homeopaths who we talked about on when you and I spoke for your HMDM call:

In addition to adding more variety to his diet (based on what he will eat and his bowels) consider adding structured water (which you can make by soaking Chia seeds or using a vegetable juice that he will lap up) to his daily regime as it looks like he may have some low grade dehydration based on his x-rays showing a backup of stool and his having a spiky coat.

Water (like food) is critical to letting his body work as well as it is able.

Abnormal symptoms (like his swollen face, GI problems, etc.) result when his body is out of balance.

You'll find lots of tools and tips throughout the forum and in other member resources that are all designed for just that one purpose (to help keep his body balanced).

Thanks for your awe-some care of Riki and for your support of the HA! Foundation.

JolantaR

Community Member
Registered
Jolanta, thanks for your great reporting.
With HMDM, step one is to set your goal. This can be done at any point, and done over and over again.

Now your goal can be twofold. One is to work with a homeopathic or TCVM veterinarian to rebalance his energy field so the food anxiety, mouth issues, sensitivity to brushing, "allergies" and arthritis all resolve. The second is to gently support him with home care until the balance can be restored as you are doing with the assisi loop and supplements, outside air and supplements.

Step 2 is to do research, which you are doing with the post.

Be sure to take the holistic pet health 101 course (under member resources)
Read about finding a good holistic vet at holisticactions.com/select, or think about working with Dr. Jeff (homevet.com).
Go to the member library to read about his different conditions.
Schedule your 15 minute call with Dr. Jeff or myself

Step 3 is to pause (paws), and consider your next steps, write down your action plan, then start implementing the plan. As the days pass, evaluate how well your choices are working. Read more about this at Non member login - Holistic Actions! or do a search for even more talks on this important step.

Dr. Christina
Thank you Dr. Christina

JolantaR

Community Member
Registered
Thanks for posting about Riki. Wow, you're doing a lot of great things for him.

I second Dr. Christina's comment about your reading through the 101 course ad possibly some of the other member resources. In addition to getting guidance from one of the vet homeopaths who we talked about on when you and I spoke for your HMDM call:

In addition to adding more variety to his diet (based on what he will eat and his bowels) consider adding structured water (which you can make by soaking Chia seeds or using a vegetable juice that he will lap up) to his daily regime as it looks like he may have some low grade dehydration based on his x-rays showing a backup of stool and his having a spiky coat.

Water (like food) is critical to letting his body work as well as it is able.

Abnormal symptoms (like his swollen face, GI problems, etc.) result when his body is out of balance.

You'll find lots of tools and tips throughout the forum and in other member resources that are all designed for just that one purpose (to help keep his body balanced).

Thanks for your awe-some care of Riki and for your support of the HA! Foundation.
Thank you Dr Jeff for a nice comment that I am doing a lot for my cat Riki
I am going to see a holistic vet in 14 days and I will make an appointment with you for the homeopathic remedies after April 10th .
Thank you also for the information about Riki dehydration and for what health problem I supposed to looking for on the forum . This is very helpful.

JolantaR

Community Member
Registered
Hello
Riki energie level is the same but he is developing new symptoms which I am worried about . He is swallowing the saliva a lot and I can hear it like he has problems to swallow and has moments that I can hear a noise when he is breathing. He has problems to give the noise and his voice sounds Hoarseness. he has some gag reflex when he start to purring and has some cough. I attached the video when he is coughing.the videos are dark because I took them at night. I have 15 min call with Dr Jeff on Monday but should I take Riki to the urgent care or wait to Thursday when I will see the holistic vet? Can I do something to help with those new symptoms?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom