• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Remedy compatibility question

EdwinA

VIP Member
Registered
What are you supposed to do if you have taken a combination of remedies that are incompatible or inimical?

I gave my cat a few doses of sulphur, then a week or so later a few doses of lycopodium. I've now read that, while sulphur follows lycopodium well, lycopodium does not follow sulphur well. What should I do? Is an antidote required?

Also, what should you do if you want to try a different remedy but it is incompatible/inimical to a remedy you've been trying. For example, if you've been using nux vomica but now want to try ignatia. Should you take something in between, leave some time...?

Would love any insights!

Thanks!

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
You have certainly been studying your homeopathy, Edwin. Over the 38 years of prescribing homeopathically, I have discovered that the most important part of homeopathy is not necessarily finding the correct medicine - it is in evaluating the response to the medicine.

The different "rules" like follows well, antidotes, inimical, etc, are just to be taken as possible clues, thoughts to have as you seek the next medicine.

We talk about symptoms being the language of each individual - asking for what they need.

You have given a medicine. Depending on the time frame that healing is needed, you re-evaluate daily or less often. You look at the master symptom/sign list, including BEAM and all signs (past, present and early warning).

What were the symptoms present when you gave the Sulphur? How did they change that made you then give the Lycopodium?
An antidote would only be needed if any medicine (inimical or otherwise) is clearly making your pet much more ill, especially in the BEAM signs. In 35 years of prescribing, I may have seen the need to antidote fewer than 5 times.

The best medicine to give when you feel the one you gave was not correct is the one that most closely matches the current new symptoms and the past signs (if possible). If you are debating between two medicines and one is known to follow well, then that may be the extra push to select that one.

Therefore, it makes sense to say that if your very best choice - the one that matches all symptoms - is "not indicated" in the books - try it anyway.

Be sure to leave as much time as possible, given the condition, to have enough changes to evaluate the response.

Dr. Christina

EdwinA

VIP Member
Registered
Dr Christina! Thanks for your incredible message.

It's so kind of you to give me such detailed guidance - it's so, so helpful!

So if I want to try ignatia, having used nux, should I just wait until the action of the nux has finished (which I think is what you should do with any remedy anyway, right?) and then it's safe to give the ignatia a go?

Thanks so much!

Edwin x

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
You are welcome. I love it that you are leaning. Two possibilities (and probably more I am not thinking of) - wait till action is finished, or if symptoms continue to worsen (not temporary aggravation) and BEAM is worse, then give the next indicate remedy without waiting longer.
Dr. Christina

EdwinA

VIP Member
Registered
Thank you so much for your amazing advice, Dr C!

I'm going to do exactly what you said!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom