• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Questions about which rubrics to use

JeanW

VIP Member
Registered
Katie is a 16 yr old cat who has started loosing hair off her back ( around hip/tail area), and has developed a black mole (growth) above her rt. eye. The blood work shows that she is anemic, total bilirubin 0.1, Na/K ratio 29, CPK 1011, Hematocrit 25, and Platelet Count 90, monocytes and eosinophils are also high. The vet stated that Katie's blood draw was the slowest she's ever seen.
In choosing a rubric for the blood issues, would you recommend
Generals, Anaemia (89)
Generals, Circulation; Complaints of the blood- sluggish, congested (31)
Generals, Circulation, Complaints of the blood (172)
Or none of the above?
As for the hair loss, I'm not sure whether to use
Skin, Hair, Falling out (30)
Mind, Pulling Hair (22)
I don't know if she is pulling her fur out or if it's just falling out, but I haven't seen any excessive licking or biting in that area. The vet did note that she found flea dirt, but no fleas. So I am thoroughly confused on which rubrics to use.
I have done several rep. , but would like to know if anyone has any thoughts on how to differentiate these specific rubrics.
Thank you.

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Hi Jean, I would go with the Generals, Anaemia as that rubric covers her blood issues as well as providing you with a good selection of possible remedies. In terms of the hair loss, I would use Skin, Hair falling out because you really can't be sure if she is pulling her hair out herself. How is her BEAM overall? Any significant changes in her eating habits or behaviour? You may want to look at other aspects such as appetite, drinking, hot/cold issues. Maybe Mind from the standpoint is she more cuddly, less cuddly, cranky. . those kinds of indicators as this will give you a more rounded collection of rubrics. Mind rubrics are tricky with animals because we can only see what they show us (or choose to show us) and they cannot verbalize their state of mind or if they are experiencing pain. Body language would be your key here. I am still a student of Homeopathy, but I hope my suggestions here will be of help.

JeanW

VIP Member
Registered
Hi Jean, I would go with the Generals, Anaemia as that rubric covers her blood issues as well as providing you with a good selection of possible remedies. In terms of the hair loss, I would use Skin, Hair falling out because you really can't be sure if she is pulling her hair out herself. How is her BEAM overall? Any significant changes in her eating habits or behaviour? You may want to look at other aspects such as appetite, drinking, hot/cold issues. Maybe Mind from the standpoint is she more cuddly, less cuddly, cranky. . those kinds of indicators as this will give you a more rounded collection of rubrics. Mind rubrics are tricky with animals because we can only see what they show us (or choose to show us) and they cannot verbalize their state of mind or if they are experiencing pain. Body language would be your key here. I am still a student of Homeopathy, but I hope my suggestions here will be of help.

Thank you for your recommendations. Her BEAM is ok, no major changes. Her appetite is a bit less than normal, but I have been introducing a raw and slightly cooked diet and she is NOT HAPPY about it. She is addicted to dry kibble. I only called the vet because of the hair loss, and the growth by her eye.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom