• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Question for Wkend Seminar

Cyd

All-Access Member
Registered
Are there any cases where homeopathy was successfully used for long-term management of brain seizures following strychnine poisoning, in lieu of oral phenobarbitol or valium?

Is it useful to give Aconite for a first time brain seizure event even when the cause/trigger is not known? If the animal is treated later with IV phenobarb is there interference
in the drug's action because Aconite was given earlier? Thank you very much.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for your questions Cyd.

Yes, yes and no!

We can discuss your questions further during the seminar, either tomorrow or Sunday.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Cyd, we did not get to the seizures part of the class, so will start an answer now.

Yes, seizures from any cause can be completely cured in some individuals (so they never return and the animals show an increase in BEAM and decrease in EWS) with homeopathy. Of course, this is serious chronic disease, so working with a well trained homeopathic vet would be critical, as well as your research into the symptoms you observe. When you dig into the repertory and materia medica you can give additional information to your prescriber.

Aconite or Belladonna are the ones to reach for anytime there is a seizure. Start with Aconite when the animal seems fearful and Belladonna when the seizure is more violent and the pupils are dilated. If not sure, start with Aconite, then move to Belladonna.

Rescue Remedy can help - give every few minutes.

Reiki can help.

Dr. Christina

Cyd

All-Access Member
Registered
Cyd, we did not get to the seizures part of the class, so will start an answer now.

Yes, seizures from any cause can be completely cured in some individuals (so they never return and the animals show an increase in BEAM and decrease in EWS) with homeopathy. Of course, this is serious chronic disease, so working with a well trained homeopathic vet would be critical, as well as your research into the symptoms you observe. When you dig into the repertory and materia medica you can give additional information to your prescriber.

Aconite or Belladonna are the ones to reach for anytime there is a seizure. Start with Aconite when the animal seems fearful and Belladonna when the seizure is more violent and the pupils are dilated. If not sure, start with Aconite, then move to Belladonna.

Rescue Remedy can help - give every few minutes.

Reiki can help.

Dr. Christina
Thank you so much for these recommendations. I had a horrible incident in 2015, when I came home one evening to discover my border collie having seizures so violent she was almost levitating. The vet wasn't eager to open up his office, I was told to wait & watch. Nearly 4 hours later night I was able to roust him out of bed to at least see what could be done to help, as my poor dog was in seizure the entire time. The diagnosis was strychnine poisoning, I agreed to try IV Phenobarbitol (the only option) & I was going to spend the next 9 hours locked up in the office to manage the IV dlvy & to administer if there were any signs of seizure starting again. I had to be sure to stay awake & pray that there wouldn't be problems with the IV line. The Pheno worked, & the dog "recovered", but the required Valium or oral Pheno ruined her appetite & made her a drugged zombie. After all those valiant, but punishing attempts, 2 wks later another seizure started & the best option was to euthanize without further delay. It is heartbreaking & ironic, I had both Aconite & Belladonna, but homeopathy never entered my mind. At least I did my best with my version of Reiki & I am reaching for Rescue Remedy more & more. Not having a Materia or Repertory, but hvg a sense of the Belladonna "nature", I really feel it would have been a good match, her personality was "hot", super vigilant towards strangers a "don't touch demeanor". This took place in Mexico, I consider it a gift that I had the opportunity to hv gotten the hands on experience to perform the job that an ER clinic would hv done had there been one to rush off to. Even if homeopathy wasn't successful for long-term seizure control, at least the daily, basic building blocks of vitality, appetite, etc. would not have been so severely compromised, destroying the quality of her last days. I am so grateful to have this info now, knowing that there is a safer, less damaging approach to alleviate brain seizures.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom