• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Proof of vaccination?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Here is another community member query from 2007:

"I adopted (well, more like bought) a 5 month old beagle a couple weeks ago from a woman, but she has failed to provide me with a vaccination record for the pup, which she “claims” to have. She had also claimed to purchase the pup from a pet store. She had said that the puppy was up to date on all her shots, but we don’t have proof. We want to get her spayed, but they would like us to provide a vaccination record. How harmful would it be to the puppy if she were to be vaccinated again for all the so-called vaccinations she supposedly already had? Including the rabies vaccination. Trying to get those records may be a lost cause already."

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
My reply:

<strong>Don't do it!</strong>

Consider instead finding an open-minded vet who will do the surgery without vaccinating again.

Sign a waiver if necessary.

Another option is to ask for the vaccine record from the pet store. They may be able to provide generic vaccine proof that the vet will accept.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom