• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Probiotic and enzymes

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Has anyone heard of a Dr Marty Goldstein a holistic vet promoting his pre mixpowder? My moms dog who is 11 yrs old despite making changes to her diet, she eats homemade lightly steamed organic beef in morning and cornecupia canned at night. still at times has slight loose stool in mid day . Morning stool is good and formed but mid day after a walk and after first stool comes out, the last part is very soft, almost a thick liquid? She is on Adored beast probiotic now but I may need to change. The premix is all natural K9 but she does not seem to like that powder mix anymore. Any recommends on how to add her minerals and vitamins to organic beef with carrots puréed as she gets canned the other meal, or is she getting enough without the added supplements since she is having canned once a day? She also gets a pinch of SFN too in her foods. Maybe just an enzyme to help her absorb, any recommendations?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, Dr. Marty’s probiotic looks to be fine to use.

Does mom add calcium to the beef meal?

How much does her pup weigh?

Yes, the Nutrigest would help with food absorption.

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr Jeff, no calcium is added. She lightly cooks organic ground beef, adds puréed carrots, and feeds her 11 yr old dog 4 oz of this mixture which also has some taurine added to it in the morning and then at night, she gives her cornucopia chicken and egg canned food, appropriate dose for her age. She is over weight but that is because at 89 my mom likes to feed her lots of treats. She is getting better at it but its difficult. Her dog, princess also gets adored beast probiotic at each meal, and SFN from cornucopia a pinch once a day. During the day she gets a few more veggies, sometime blueberries, so basically Whole Foods plus the one meal of canned food. She was getting a premix in the beef called Natural K9 but recently refused to each it because of the premix. I am suggesting for my mom to use a pinch for now of cornucopia superfood and vitamin and minerals powder. Do you think with this kind of variety she will be getting enough nutrients?
I would like to keep her on adored beasts probiotic healthy gut but she may need a good enzyme. Her stools are good but like I mentioned mid day after first stools come out the ending is very loose? Her coat is getting better as she has been off of dry kibble for 1 yr now but basically her whole life ate kibble. She was a rescue at 3 yrs when my mom adopted her. She did have lipomas on her back but those have stopped growing with better nutrition! I am not going to get her vacinnated this yr at 11 I think she is fine for rabies and distemper, kennel cough ugh!!!
It’s hard for my mom to cook for her so I am trying to help her get a better diet. I think the SFN is helping her too. Not sure if it’s better she eat only canned but I think variety is good too? Any thoughts. Adored beast healthy gut has pre/ pro biopics and enzymes too? Maybe she needs a different one to help her stools? Any recommendations would be most helpful. She is a loving sweet dog .

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Princess weighs 29 lbs but should be according to her vet 22 or 24 lbs

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow, she's gotta get that weight down by spring!?

Maybe mom would consider skipping breakfast every day or two, or just giving green beans (which also make awe-some treats that promote weight loss).

It sounds like way too many calories so I'd advise your helping mom with that before anything else.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom