• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Post-Spay Change in Behavior

MauraF

All-Access Member
Registered
My two 18 month old Shih Tzu girls were spayed, hernias repaired, had dentals and microchips on March 31st. All went well. The smaller girl, Joy, seemed to have virtually no discomfort after the first 36 hours. My larger girl, Jele Bean, had quite a few doses of Arnica as she took 4 to 5 days to feel herself once again. This was due to larger incisions as her hernia was much bigger than her sister's. During the past 10 days, Joy's behavior has changed. She has become a bit of a nudge (always wanting to be in my lap if I am sitting) and particularly starting in mid-afternoon and towards the end of the day, 'Licking Continuously'; my shirt, her paws, her lips - doesn't seem to matter but it goes on and on and it's very difficult to distract her and break this behavior. I would like to nip this in the bud. Is there a specific remedy that can help to effect a change in this behavior? Looking forward to input...

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Maura-

Start by giving Joy 2 doses of Arnica today and twice again tomorrow.

Succuss 10x prior to each dose.

The rationale for the Arnica is that even though seemed fine after her surgery, it still could have upset her equilibrium and the 4 doses should help re-set it.

Please let us know in a few days whether her symptoms persist.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
?

MauraF

All-Access Member
Registered
Joy's symptoms have decreased by 50%. She licks continuously and obsessively in the evening. Doesn't stop until other dogs have fallen asleep for the night and I distract and stroke her until she falls asleep also. Once down, sleeps through until morning.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great Maura!

Does she continue to improve, or has she plateaued?

Was there any other change that you've seen since dosing?

Oh, and please tell us when you last dosed and the potency used?

Thanks.:dog2::poodle:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom