• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Possible Melanoma

Shabnam S

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi,

My 9 year old neutered male pit (am staff Terr, boxer, rottie) has a worrisome black mole on his abdomen (among many other moles, bumps, bubbles, tags that seemed to have popped up after his tplo surgery last year). It was flat, grew to be a protruding mole, popped and was full of blood, dried up and fell off, and is now growing back. It grows way faster than his other moles and doesn’t look like the others. My ex holistic vet wouldn’t look at it properly but said it’s nothing but at his orthopedic surgeons office the doctor looked at it and thinks it’s melanoma. He said it could be benign but needs to be biopsied. He told me to make an appointment with a GP or oncologist. I called a new conventional vet to schedule an appointment for it to be looked at but they wanted to make the surgery appointment at the same time. She wanted me to come in Monday for him to be looked at and drop him off Thursday for the surgery. This is without ever having met him or having looked at the mole. Is that normal? My Mom thinks they just like to have the surgery day on the books in case what they find is serious but it still makes me worry that they have their minds up that surgery for a biopsy is a must. I don’t know what to do or what vet to listen to or who to take him to. @Dr. Jeff Your input would be appreciated.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Shabnam-

What an important question!

Whether or not to remove skin eruptions/tumors is an important health decision dilemma.

Thanks for tagging me on it.

Here's some context.

When interpreted using the natural laws of Vitality, Balance and homeopathy, skin eruptions are understood to often be efforts by your pets bodies to heal internal imbalances.

A great example is your pups many skin lesions that arose after the stressors of anesthesia, surgery, strong drugs, etc.

On an energetic and cellular level, what's happening is production of new translation products (proteins) in response to the environment and any toxins in it (or those injected, applied to the skin, etc.).

What to do about skin lesions depends on the Vitality and sensitivity of the individual.

Sensitivity (susceptibility to environmental influences) can be determined by the history and specific symptoms reviewed whenever you and I (or any vet homeopath) talk and review your pups full records.

In some cases, removal or suppression of a skin lesion can be seen to cause harm.

The more acutely a symptom arises, and the faster it responds to any treatment (like anti-biotics or surgery), the greater the potential problem.

One example is a pup who became paralyzed after a suddenly-appearing eyelid tumor was removed.

However, despite this potential harm, sometimes the risk:benefit and longevity ratios favor surgery and even rarely radiation or chemo.

Regarding the appointment booking practice you mentioned, it's commonly employed by surgeons, and I agree with your mom.

The vet just wants the date on the books.

You will be better able to decide what to do after your initial exam and consultation visit.

I'd suggest that you decide what to do see what they say, then let us know.

Shabnam S

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Shabnam-

What an important question!

Whether or not to remove skin eruptions/tumors is an important health decision dilemma.

Thanks for tagging me on it.

Here's some context.

When interpreted using the natural laws of Vitality, Balance and homeopathy, skin eruptions are understood to often be efforts by your pets bodies to heal internal imbalances.

A great example is your pups many skin lesions that arose after the stressors of anesthesia, surgery, strong drugs, etc.

On an energetic and cellular level, what's happening is production of new translation products (proteins) in response to the environment and any toxins in it (or those injected, applied to the skin, etc.).

What to do about skin lesions depends on the Vitality and sensitivity of the individual.

Sensitivity (susceptibility to environmental influences) can be determined by the history and specific symptoms reviewed whenever you and I (or any vet homeopath) talk and review your pups full records.

In some cases, removal or suppression of a skin lesion can be seen to cause harm.

The more acutely a symptom arises, and the faster it responds to any treatment (like anti-biotics or surgery), the greater the potential problem.

One example is a pup who became paralyzed after a suddenly-appearing eyelid tumor was removed.

However, despite this potential harm, sometimes the risk:benefit and longevity ratios favor surgery and even rarely radiation or chemo.

Regarding the appointment booking practice you mentioned, it's commonly employed by surgeons, and I agree with your mom.

The vet just wants the date on the books.

You will be better able to decide what to do after your initial exam and consultation visit.

I'd suggest that you decide what to do see what they say, then let us know.

Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate it. I will make the appointment to have him looked at but not make the surgery (biopsy) appointment yet. I would prefer to see what she says and then get your opinion on what to do next. I hope that will be possible. Thanks!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Shabnam.

Do you have any pictures of his lumps and bumps that you can share here?

Shabnam S

All-Access Member
Registered
s
You're welcome Shabnam.

Yes, I have pictures of the 2 main moles that I’m concerned about. The bubbles and bumps have to be felt and pictures won’t show much but I’ll include a picture of the one protruding the most.

This is the main mole that I’m very concerned about that the holistic vet said was nothing (didn’t take a good look) and that the orthopedic vet said looks like possible melanoma. It’s on his abdomen, on his right side, close to his tplo leg. This is after it grew to look like a protruding mole/ skin tag, then popped (full of blood), fell off, and is now growing back.
(That’s his nipple to the right of it.)

This is the second mole that I’m concerned about. This is on his inner thigh on his tplo leg. It’s grown much slower.:

This is one of the bubble bumps he has. This is on his right arm, same side as his tplo leg.:

His appointment just to be looked at is set for July 15. I don’t know how much she’ll be able to tell by just looking but it’s a start.

I don’t know how concerning they look to you with these photos? @Dr. Jeff

Thanks!

Last edited:

Shabnam S

All-Access Member
Registered
You're welcome Shabnam.

Hi @Dr. Jeff, I was wondering if you had a chance to view the pictures you inquired about. I posted them above. I’d really appreciate your input. Thanks!

We’ve been to a new vet who looked him over but didn’t take a close look at his moles. She said we should set up a surgery so that they can be removed and biopsied. He’s 9 years old and I’m worried about the anesthesia, pain meds, antibiotics, etc even though we’ll be detoxing afterward. I’m mostly worried about the results. I would never undergo chemo myself so I definitely wouldn’t do it for him. Not sure whether to go through with the surgery and what to do if we get bad news. I was wondering how it works at your practice, what you’d recommend for your clients. I would be happy to compensate you for your advice. I know you have tons of great info on your forum and website but I prefer/ do better with direct instructions tailored for my pup. I don’t know if it’s possible, if not any advice you can give me here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Shabnam, and sorry for the delay.

Patient care and getting ready for our homeopathy seminar Homeopathy Seminar JULY 2019
has kept me from getting on our forum as often as I'd like.

Yes, I saw these pics. Are any of the lesions growing or changing especially quickly?

Those are often the most important questions when deciding what to do.

I agree that individualizing your pup's care is the way to go.

I'd be happy to have a short chat about your next steps.

As part of our community, this 15-20 minute call is included as part of your membership.

Please submit this form:

Please then call the office (203-222-7979) to confirm receipt.

I hope to meet you next weekend.

BTW- PETLOVER100 is the $100 new Academy member discount code for the seminar.

Shabnam S

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Shabnam, and sorry for the delay.

Patient care and getting ready for our homeopathy seminar Homeopathy Seminar JULY 2019
has kept me from getting on our forum as often as I'd like.

Yes, I saw these pics. Are any of the lesions growing or changing especially quickly?

Those are often the most important questions when deciding what to do.

I agree that individualizing your pup's care is the way to go.

I'd be happy to have a short chat about your next steps.

As part of our community, this 15-20 minute call is included as part of your membership.

Please submit this form:

Please then call the office (203-222-7979) to confirm receipt.

I hope to meet you next weekend.

BTW- PETLOVER100 is the $100 new Academy member discount code for the seminar.

@Dr. Jeff Hi, no worries! :) I know how busy and dedicated you are.

Yes, the top one changes a lot and much quicker then the others.

That’s great! Thanks.
I submitted the questionnaire a while ago. Should I do it again?

I wish I could make it. Sounds great. :)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Shabnam.

I found your info about Rajah and hope to speak soon about your HMDM (Holistic Medical Decision Making).

Thanks!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom