• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Piper the Pemphigus dog

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr Jeff had us dose two weeks ago w Sulfur. Her skin is not improving but besides licking she is doing well. I think Dr Jeff told me “she doesn’t feel as bad as I think she looks”. So true.

CDA63C8B-15C4-4F07-9A86-3A9F2DF9679E.jpeg

7CC4D14B-7E9E-4F7E-ADA5-A91F8FA8C9A2.jpeg

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Looks bad but BEAM is the key.
When they are healing, skin can take years.
Dr. christina

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Looks bad but BEAM is the key.
When they are healing, skin can take years.
Dr. christina
Yes this has been going on for a year. She was so bad last year she was seen at Cornell Dermatology and unfortunately conventional meds.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
For some dogs, conventional drugs can help, and for others it just does not help. Of course, rarely do they deeply cure.

Hang in there!!! You are great at seeing the bigger picture.
Dr. Christina

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
The symptoms are a process by which the body is healing itself, as opaque and drawn-out this may seem to us. As Dr. Christina said, BEAM is everything here, and we can rest assured that if BEAM is OK, then the healing process is continuing. It's also worth remembering that the skin is the body's largest organ of elimination, and everything that CAN express through the skin will do so. This is why skin symptoms frequently show up relatively early in life, where they are suppressed with drugs or by other poor treatment, inattention, lousy diet, even traumas. It is said that skin symptoms are first to appear, and last to resolve, in healing systemic chronic derangement. I've observed this to be true, in both large and small cases. And I've learned to be glad to see these huge, in-your-face, clues as to the inner state.

In her case, I think the body is dealing as well as it can. Thoughtful management of her life force, and incisive homeopathic care, will set the stage for her resolution, as quickly as she can deal. This is NOT a "skin issue", but rather just the most effective way she can deal with her derangement, the true cause of which we may never know, nor need we. Just watch....

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
The symptoms are a process by which the body is healing itself, as opaque and drawn-out this may seem to us. As Dr. Christina said, BEAM is everything here, and we can rest assured that if BEAM is OK, then the healing process is continuing. It's also worth remembering that the skin is the body's largest organ of elimination, and everything that CAN express through the skin will do so. This is why skin symptoms frequently show up relatively early in life, where they are suppressed with drugs or by other poor treatment, inattention, lousy diet, even traumas. It is said that skin symptoms are first to appear, and last to resolve, in healing systemic chronic derangement. I've observed this to be true, in both large and small cases. And I've learned to be glad to see these huge, in-your-face, clues as to the inner state.

In her case, I think the body is dealing as well as it can. Thoughtful management of her life force, and incisive homeopathic care, will set the stage for her resolution, as quickly as she can deal. This is NOT a "skin issue", but rather just the most effective way she can deal with her derangement, the true cause of which we may never know, nor need we. Just watch....
Thank you

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Her skin is improving but my question now is whether to renew her meds from Dermatologist? Methyl prednisolone and Azathioprine. Not only are they super expensive but what must they be doing to her body?

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
My answer to this might not be your answer. I would perhaps lean towards weaning her off them, with homeopathic support. My research points to addressing the underlying immune dysfunction, looking at markers like low NK function, elevated C4a, ECP, and ACE - but this is a gross oversimplification, and cutting to the chase with LDN directly to assist the immune system may obviate any further targeting of specific processes. A look at her thyroid hormone balance may also provide clues: what appears normal on commonly used canine tests may not reveal low T3 levels in the body and poor T4 to T3 conversion in the cells, despite seemingly normal TSH values. We don't have to worry about this, though, as LDN has been shown in numerous studies to improve the transport of thyroid hormones into the cells, reversing the causes of thyroid resistance.

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
My answer to this might not be your answer. I would perhaps lean towards weaning her off them, with homeopathic support. My research points to addressing the underlying immune dysfunction, looking at markers like low NK function, elevated C4a, ECP, and ACE - but this is a gross oversimplification, and cutting to the chase with LDN directly to assist the immune system may obviate any further targeting of specific processes. A look at her thyroid hormone balance may also provide clues: what appears normal on commonly used canine tests may not reveal low T3 levels in the body and poor T4 to T3 conversion in the cells, despite seemingly normal TSH values. We don't have to worry about this, though, as LDN has been shown in numerous studies to improve the transport of thyroid hormones into the cells, reversing the causes of thyroid resistance.
Thank you

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
I am trying to wean her off while continuing w homeopathy but MY GOD she smells so bad. I can bathe her and by the next day she smells so bad.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Not what we want to live with - but remember that the skin is a purifying agent, carrying nasty influences to the outside of the body. Do you use soaps? I would think that just a bit of apple cider vinegar would work on the odor. Are you near the seashore? Salt water is also very curative. Anyway, so much better to have visual - and, yes, olfactory - information about her condition, rather than a tumor within...

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks I’m
Not what we want to live with - but remember that the skin is a purifying agent, carrying nasty influences to the outside of the body. Do you use soaps? I would think that just a bit of apple cider vinegar would work on the odor. Are you near the seashore? Salt water is also very curative. Anyway, so much better to have visual - and, yes, olfactory - information about her condition, rather than a tumor within...
sure it’s all from the Pemphigus

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Yes, but the symptoms are all from HER - her response to the aggravating force. Each case may have some symptom similarities, but each animal shows us how he/she reacts, and that is what we work with, and our job is to find out their individual need and predilection.

Hooray for symptoms:)

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Yes, but the symptoms are all from HER - her response to the aggravating force. Each case may have some symptom similarities, but each animal shows us how he/she reacts, and that is what we work with, and our job is to find out their individual need and predilection.

Hooray for symptoms:)
Thank you again

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Judy-

What changed, in addition to the Sulphur dosing, between the first pictures and these?

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
I think previously we were trying to reduce her “drugs” and every time she would have a flair up.
Finally Piper and Lola can coexist together. Previously there was some friction mostly from Lola being afraid of her and running from her which would cause Piper to jump on her so I kept them apart a lot. I finally decided that’s is not in their best interest so I just started having them together when I am home and they are fine. Lola still doesn’t like her to be too close but is ok with it. Peace finally

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom