• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Organon Paragraph 1

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi everyone-

You may already know that optimizing your pets Vitality and Balance prevents dis-eases (imbalances) and helps you manage any health challenges that may have already developed.

You can easily understand how to do this.

Build and preserve vitality by:
  1. Feed Fresh Food
  2. Maximize Exercise and Play (outdoors when possible)
  3. Minimize Exposure to Toxins like Vaccines

Imbalanced vitality produces abnormal symptoms. All this means is that the imbalance created physiologic changes which manifest as changes that you can observe (external symptoms) and measure with lab tests (internal ones).

You can resolve abnormal symptom changes and restore balance using homeopathy.

HA! is here to help you learn how. Every week on Monday member mentoring Empower Hours!, on this forum, and over the June 23-24 Vitality and Balance using homeopathy seminar.

Restoring your pets internal balance using homeopathy is also allows you to re-connect scientific medicine and healing.

Hahnemann showed us how in the 6 editions of his homeopathy "guide book".

It's not written in medical speak so is readable by anyone.

Many lives have (and continue to be) transformed by reading it.

This thread will start our dissection and discussion of it.

Although the language can be somewhat cumbersome, everyone should read it once.

I’d love to break it down and discuss it further here.

Preface to the first edition:

“According to the testimony of all ages, no occupation is more unanimously declared to be a conjectural art than medicine; consequently none has less right to refuse a searching enquiry as to whether it is well founded than it, on which man’s health, his most precious possession on earth, depends.

I consider that it redounds to my honour that I am the only one in recent times who has subjected it to a serious honest investigation, and has communicated to the world the results of his convictions in writings published, some without my name.

In this investigation I found the way to the truth, but I had to tread it alone, very far from the common highway of medical routine. The farther I advanced from truth to truth, the more my conclusions (none of which I accepted unless confirmed by experience) led me away from the old edifice, which, being built up of opinions, was only maintained by opinions.

The results of my convictions are set forth in this book.

It remains to be seen whether physicians, who mean to act honestly by their conscience and by their fellow-creatures, will continue to stick to the pernicious tissue of conjectures and caprice, or can open their eyes to the salutary truth.”

Paragraph (aphorism) #1:

“The physician’s high and only mission is to restore the sick to health, to cure, as it is termed. His mission is not, however, to construct so-called systems, by interweaving empty speculations and hypotheses concerning the internal essential nature of the vital processes and the mode in which diseases originate in the invisible interior of the organism (whereon so many physicians have hitherto ambitiously wasted their talents and their time); nor is it to attempt to give countless explanations regarding the phenomena in diseases and their proximate cause (which must ever remain concealed), wrapped in unintelligible words and an inflated abstract mode of expression, which should sound very learned in order to astonish the ignorant – whilst sick humanity sighs in vain for aid. Of such learned reveries (to which the name of theoretic medicine is given, and for which special professorships are instituted) we have had quite enough, and it is now high time that all who call themselves physicians should at length cease to deceive suffering man kind with mere talk, and begin now, instead, for once to act, that is, really to help and to cure.”

The majority of this paragraph is actually a footnote (some of the Organon footnotes are longer than the actual aphorism/paragraph).

I have many questions for you to ponder. Please post your thoughts below.

My first is to ask what he means by "...construct so-called systems, by interweaving empty speculations and hypotheses..."

Let's discuss this question and the first paragraph (often called an "aphorism") here and during the next Empower Hour!

Dr. Jeff

M

merrynb

I think he's criticising the medical profession for speculating on the causes of disease, rather than focusing on getting people well

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Exactly Merryn!

Speculating in medicine can be dangerous (especially in H's time when people were often killed by speculations that led docs to use mercury, arsenic, blood letting, etc.).

Dr. Jeff

beccak

All-Access Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Do you know/understand why the aphorism was shortened?

Becca

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I don't know why Becca.

However, I suspect that the shortening was because it helps highlight this important and seemingly self-evident statement.

Dr. H. goes into exquisite detail elsewhere in the Organon about allopathic medicine (a phrase he coined).

Dr. Jeff

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
On re-reading the different Organon editions and translations Becca, I have a different answer.

That is, that the full text actually does exist throughout the editions.

However, the majority of it is actually one (of many) long footnotes.

Dr. Jeff

beccak

All-Access Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Thank you Dr Feinman.

Your answers do hep me make some sense of it.

Becca

M

mhassine

"My first is to ask what he means by “…construct so-called systems, by interweaving empty speculations and hypotheses…”"

Dear all,

I am new to this forum. My two cents here:

1. I see this aphorism as as an illustration of what philosophers call the regime of truth. Means that when you build assumptions, and refer to a grid for deciphering reality, you focus on how to grab power by instauring a standard for truth. For example, if you have in mind an grid whereby sickness is created by an excess of blood in the body, then returning to health means that you bleed the sick one. In this sense, the aphorism is about discarding older/traditional ways which are not questioned and which can only hold as long as the premises of these believes are not questioned.

2. When he is coming up with his system, Hahnemann is in the midst of a battle with the entranched accepted medical "truth" of his time. That is, he is standing up against former teachers, colleagues, and is facing them frontally on their own unquestioned grid. He is taking a lot of risks professionally, and his system is imposing that he questions the earlier views. This aphorism is a courageous statement showing that Hahnemann is ready to fight a battle on reviewing the basis of medical science.

Michelle

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Beautifully said Michelle, thanks!

Dr. Jeff

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
One thought Michelle, after talking a bit about GABA with you this week.

I would venture to say that everyone reading this forum would agree with Hahnemann.

That working with nature and the body is key to long and happy lives.

Hahnemann was a true medical, philosophic, scientific and literary genius. He read most of the earlier literature all the way back to Hippocrates in their original languages!

He knew about bacteria ( what he called "animalicules") well before they were discovered, and developed a method for scientific drug evaluation that is still used to this very day.

He clearly delineated the one natural law governing medicine. Similar to other laws of physics and nature like gravity and friction. That is, "similia similibus curantur" or like cures like (homeopathy).

The opposite of this is a word he coined. "Allopathy".

Allopathic treatments may help symptoms quickly, but they are not curative in the long run. And sometimes makes the dis-ease worse and even incurable.

However, non-curative interventions like massage, clinical nutrition and supplementation, chiropractic, etc. can still support the body while it heals.

An example is the supplement you asked about.

GABA has indeed been associated with regrowth of pancreatic insulin-producing cells.

Recently (April 2018) described by scientists at Diamyd Medical who produced the first drugs based on this neurotransmitter (the natural substance is ordinarily found in the brain and used by brain cells).

I have not read the papers yet, but it looks like their second drug based on GABA is designed to target the immune cells that kill the insulin-producing cells.

Gabaginergic receptors are putatively responsible for both effects.

Regardless, this is a still unproven theory. And as I said, only clinical experience over time will tell.

Anything based on a theory, like this, is considered rationalistic medicine.

A rationalization.

vs. empiric medicine like homeopathy.

Where the "proof is in the pudding" (or in the eating of the pudding).

Curing the supposedly incurable is incontrovertible proof of the effectiveness of Hahnemann's similibus principle for stimulating the body.

For me, I found this proof in the survival data for epidemics of high mortality.

High mortality if treated allopathically that is.

Virtually no mortality for some homeopaths.

Homeopathy works by stimulating the body to heal.

It is a scientific method for stimulating the same powerful pathways as the pathways that create the placebo effect.

Supporting your pet's body while it heals is critical regardless of the healing modality used.

Allopathic supplements can be helpful for support.

However, it's really important to use any allopathic intervention with caution.

And closely evaluate your pet's responses to any intervention.

Many strong allopathic interventions also sap Vitality.

We'll discuss that in another aphorism thread.

Dr. Jeff

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom