• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

New Golden pup

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
A local breeder gave me this pup on 2/28 because puppy sales are slow and he is 14 weeks old and he says is small (15.4 lbs). Plus the guy is ??. He breeds the white Golden’s and usually gets $3500/pup.
This poor pup received two DHLPP and had several wormings. When I picked him up he was very lethargic but had just been given his second DHLPP and first time away from his siblings. He ate well-I gave him raw and some puppy kibble to see which he would eat and of course he gobbled both. Yesterday I took him for a vet visit and His heart and lungs were good but we were both concerned with his lethargy. Normal temp and not dehydrated. The results of his stool sample will be back today . His stomach is distended.

2FB8F5EE-799A-4917-A498-5E033BAA47D9.jpeg

EB453F41-7008-4E2B-8057-583FFAF85258.jpeg

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Update-stool sample came back positive for giardia and coccidia. Vet wants metronidazole and Albon. Anything more natural? Luckily he is in a quarantine area because he is actually shedding !

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Judy-

The ideal situation would be to start treating this pup's BEAM with homeopathy.

This well both help his lethargy as well as optimize his intestinal immune system.

He'll then be better able to eliminate the intestinal parasites quickly, as well as increase resistance to others.

To determine which homeopathic medicine to use, my first question would be about his lethargy.

For example, he appears sleepy in your second pic yet ye was playing happily in the snow video that you shared.

When do you see his lethargy? Does it come and go?

Does he have any other eye (or other) symptoms?

In addition, once you administer the homeopathic medicine, 5 drops of this herbal supplement 2x/day may be useful.

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Judy-

The ideal situation would be to start treating this pup's BEAM with homeopathy.

This well both help his lethargy as well as optimize his intestinal immune system.

He'll then be better able to eliminate the intestinal parasites quickly, as well as increase resistance to others.

To determine which homeopathic medicine to use, my first question would be about his lethargy.

For example, he appears sleepy in your second pic yet ye was playing happily in the snow video that you shared.

When do you see his lethargy? Does it come and go?

Does he have any other eye (or other) symptoms?

In addition, once you administer the homeopathic medicine, 5 drops of this herbal supplement 2x/day may be useful.
He is feeling so much better on a fresh raw diet and a few days of meds. I will order the supplement. He has a slight discharge from his right eye . He is having fun with my pups playing and is improving daily.

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
He is feeling so much better on a fresh raw diet and a few days of meds. I will order the supplement. He has a slight discharge from his right eye . He is having fun with my pups playing and is improving daily.
And no I’m not keeping him!

AmyFeinman

HA! Faculty
A local breeder gave me this pup on 2/28 because puppy sales are slow and he is 14 weeks old and he says is small (15.4 lbs). Plus the guy is ??. He breeds the white Golden’s and usually gets $3500/pup.
This poor pup received two DHLPP and had several wormings. When I picked him up he was very lethargic but had just been given his second DHLPP and first time away from his siblings. He ate well-I gave him raw and some puppy kibble to see which he would eat and of course he gobbled both. Yesterday I took him for a vet visit and His heart and lungs were good but we were both concerned with his lethargy. Normal temp and not dehydrated. The results of his stool sample will be back today . His stomach is distended.

2FB8F5EE-799A-4917-A498-5E033BAA47D9.jpeg

EB453F41-7008-4E2B-8057-583FFAF85258.jpeg
Sweet baby

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fantastic!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom