• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

New dog dumped in Woodbury

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Judy-

Unfortunately it didn't post properly.

How is the pup's BEAM and overall condition?

BTW-For a bit of context regarding Judy's post, she is an ACO (animal control officer) and is referring to having found a dog that was found as a stray...

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Judy.

I'd love to say that 3rd time's a charm but unfortunately the video still doesn't display.

If you email it, I can try posting it, or maybe @aruna can troubleshoot for you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
?

@aruna , do you see it?

jumstead1023

VIP Member
Registered
So normally what causes the knuckling of back feet with no pain? That’s probably why she was dumped. Do we have to do a MRI to be sure?

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
I would not jump to an MRI, Judy.
Wait and evaluate a bit.
Maybe try a remedy or two.
Usually knuckling does indicate a neurological issue but can be managed or resolved with holistic.
I have found neuro tests to often be not vey useful and very expensive.
Dr. Christina

jumstead1023

VIP Member
Registered
Wait and evaluate a bit.
Usually knuckling does indicate a neurological issue but can be managed or resolved with holistic.
Dr. Christina
Yes the town can’t afford an MRI. Any particular remedies ?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Unfortunately not based on one general symptom (knuckling) of neurological dysfunction from decreased cellular energy

Perhaps start focusing on non-specific strategies that build vitality and energy.

Things like feeding fresh food (and extra treats made from heart), playing, sniffing (should be easy for a beagle ;)) and other things that increase happiness.

You can read more here:

And see the result from increasing energy this way in a pup that was much worse off from a similar nerve problem:

jumstead1023

VIP Member
Registered
Wait and evaluate a bit.
Dr. Christina
Thank you

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Judy, any homeopathic medicine does need to be individualized, so the waiting is important so you can collect more symptoms to see what is really a vital force imbalance and what is just from his circumstances.

Maybe some flower essences? Rescue Remedy, new home (Galaxy and others), nervous system (petessences.com)
Dr. ChristinA

jumstead1023

VIP Member
Registered
Unfortunately not based on one general symptom (knuckling) of neurological dysfunction from decreased cellular energy

Perhaps start focusing on non-specific strategies that build vitality and energy.

Things like feeding fresh food (and extra treats made from heart), playing, sniffing (should be easy for a beagle ;)) and other things that increase happiness.

You can read more here:

And see the result from increasing energy this way in a pup that was much worse off from a similar nerve problem:

After xrays she was diagnosed with chronic degenerative disease in disk space pressing on sciatic nerves

Dr. Sara

VIP Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
Judy, here is a discussion of how to test for conscious proprioception:

Many elderly animals will have deficits in conscious proprioception due to aging. Other problems can cause this as well, but this is one of the most common.

jumstead1023

VIP Member
Registered
Thankfully Beagle Rescue of New England is taking her next week. They have the funds to do more extensive work up beginning with a visit to Wizard of Paws

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom