• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Natural solution for tick fighting?

NielsW

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Guys, we are a bit new here-first post so sorry for this. Are there any natural BUT VERY EFFECTIVE tick fighting solutions for our dachshund (5yo, male)? We use Vectra 3D now (a topical liquid, not sure if this is a European brand or if the US has it too), as we deal with a fairly horrific chronic (human) Lyme history ourselves. We want to pay more attention to limiting toxic loads for our dog as much as possible, but we are a bit stressed out on anything to do with ticks.

Our regular vet advises the Vectra 3D, but as we were on the critical side on what they prescribe we decided to see a holistic vet, too. She acknowledges what I also read online frequently: that natural solutions do help but cannot hold back ticks as effectively that Vectra 3D does. Still it feels a bit wrong to give our 4 legged friend this load of toxins every month.

--> do you have a very effective (more natural) tick fighting solution and what dosage for a 5yo, 11 kg male dachshund would be applicable?
--> if using the V3D is still needed; what daily detox methods could we apply to keep him as 'clean' as possible?

Another mid-way solution would be to use V3D on warmer season/spring times, and a natural (less dense?) solution on winter seasons. Does this make any sense?

Warm regards.

NielsW

All-Access Member
Registered
Wonderful for you to want to stop using potentially harmful chemicals with your dog (true for outdoor cats, too). Please do a search (for any topic of concern for you) in the resource library and a second search on the forum.

One to get you started is: What Is The Best Way To Prevent Ticks? — AAAMS
Dr. Christina
Hello Dr Christina,

Thanks, I've watched your video and read the information. I think I'll be looking first for an essential oil based spray, if there's any effective formula or herb oils that you know of and you could recommend let me know!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom