• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

My dog has heart disease--mitral valve regurgitation

KathyS

All-Access Member
Registered
He also has a severe left atrial enlargement due to the mitral valve regurgitation. He is on vetmedin and I have him on the following supplements: coq10, l-carnitine, vitamin c and magnesium. I usually feed him raw beef or cooked chicken hearts. He also likes cauliflower (cooked) and advocado. I will try the flaxseed oil and taurine and maybe drop the magnesium or vitamin C. I keep my house at 80 during the day, but at 77 or even 76 at night. He seems to do better in cooler temperatures. But I have an old AC and don't want to tax it too much this summer so I have an extra window unit in my bedroom and he stays there a fair amount during the day. Any additional suggestions are appreciated.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Kathy, you are doing many wonderful things.
How is he doing in general - his BEAM? How long has he had symptoms of heart disease? When did they begin and what were the first symptoms?

I would suggest working with a veterinary homeopath. As a member, you can work with Dr. Jeff - How Do I Become a New Client of Dr. Jeff Feinman's Homeopathic Veterinary Practice in Connecticut? or another one who will consult by phone.

Also, adding in energy medicine, such as Reiki or Eden Energy Medicine as discussed in several Empower Hours.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Kathy-

Thanks for making your first post.

What breed(s) and age is your dog?

You mention that he also has left atrial enlargement from the mitral regurg. What else is going on?

I also would love to know what symptoms your pup had when this started? Were there any vet visits or other potential triggers before the symptoms started?

Fantastic that you already feed chicken hearts! They're providing the vital nutrients like taurine, carnitine, Coenzyme, etc. that his heart needs to heal as well as it's able. Do you currently use foods other than what you mentioned? How about in the past?

You might want to look at the balanced heart supplement Formula CV instead of using lots of separate ones.

Together with raw or lightly cooked heart, a well-absorbed source of CoQ-10 and magnesium oil massaged into his chest twice a day can help his heart function better. This is in addition to the Vetmedin.

Also, at least 45 minutes/day of using a snuffle mat, in addition to at least 2 long "sniff walks"/day will enhance his quality of life and healing.

Here are my own dogs having a therapeutic snuffle mat session. The white pup has kidney dis-ease and cancer:

Lastly (for now), take a look at the heart webinar course that has other options.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom