• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

My cat loves Pet Remedy, a herbal alternative to Feliway

HannahS

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi all,

My 13-year-old cat is loving Pet Remedy, which is made up of Valerian oil (from Eastern Europe), with small inclusions of Vetiver (from Indonesia), Sweet Basil (from Europe) and Clary Sage (from France).

He had never responded at all to Feliway, but this one got him all interested and energetic - see the photo below.

I got it because he has been out of sorts with a change in routine in the house. He had been meowing a lot at us and following us everywhere, trying to stop me looking at the computer or phone - he was having separation anxiety after I returned to work after a year of working from home.

Despite our best efforts he was pretty cranky.

The Pet Remedy diffuser had a marked difference - within two minutes he was requesting we play with him and had energy to leap around the room after his favourite possum tail toy.

Moses is more playful and relaxed and even seems more mobile, trotting around the house when before he would walk slowly. He is spending time outside again when I'm home, rather than following me everywhere.

For me, it smells really nice, so much better than the acrid burning smell of Feliway.

But one of my colleagues said it smells like mouldy socks to her!

You can't use it in a Feliway diffuser because they heat at different temperatures and the Feliway diffuser would be too hot for the Pet Remedy herbal mixture.

But it comes with everything you need, I'm a convert!

Here is the link: Pet Remedy Calming and on the UK site is a map showing places you can get it worldwide: https://petremedy.co.uk/global-coverage/

I hope someone finds this helpful.

Lots of love,

Hannah :) and Moses ?

Mo sniffing Pet Remedy.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
thank you so much for posting this, Hannah, especially during our month focusing on Anxiety.

This is such a great example of how every individual is unique, so if one approach does not work, try another.

We emphasize to be very careful with essential oils with cats, especially when they are diffused, since cats have such an acute sense of smell. Moses is clearly showing that he loves this aroma therapy. By listening to your animals, paying attention to their responses to any treatment, you will continue on the road to healing.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks so much for sharing Hannah! Mo really seems to like this scent. :)

I’ll take a look to see if this is available in the US.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Hannah-

I'd appreciate if you direct me to the area on the UK site where they talk about availability and shipping costs to other countries. I just can't find it...

Thanks for your help and for pointing out this cool tool!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Oh, nevermind..

I see they have an Amazon store (tho I'd rather buy it directly from the manufacturers):

HannahS

All-Access Member
Registered
thank you so much for posting this, Hannah, especially during our month focusing on Anxiety.

This is such a great example of how every individual is unique, so if one approach does not work, try another.

We emphasize to be very careful with essential oils with cats, especially when they are diffused, since cats have such an acute sense of smell. Moses is clearly showing that he loves this aroma therapy. By listening to your animals, paying attention to their responses to any treatment, you will continue on the road to healing.

Dr. Christina
@Dr. Christina thank you!
You are so right about each cat being different.
My other cat (who has passed away) used to love Feliway. She would sleep underneath the diffuser, getting right up against the wall, squashed between the power outlet and the floor, it was so funny! There was always a marked, positive difference in her anxiety levels when we sprayed her carrier before going to the vet.
But Feliway did nothing for Moses whatsoever! So I'm happy to find something he likes.
And I've started getting up earlier so we can reinstate our morning snuggle before I go to work...trying to ease the transition for him as much as possible!
Hannah :)

HannahS

All-Access Member
Registered
Hey Hannah-

I'd appreciate if you direct me to the area on the UK site where they talk about availability and shipping costs to other countries. I just can't find it...

Thanks for your help and for pointing out this cool tool!
@Dr. Jeff I haven't been getting my HA! notifications so sorry about this late reply - I've updated the post so the link takes you directly there :)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks so much Hannah!

BTW-If the notifications are going into your junk folder, it should work if you make forum@holisticactions.com a "trusted" sender.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom